lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2023, 08:50 AM   #1
Jblack
Getting Wild

Default funny voltage drop with reversing contactor removed

I have a thread going on trying troublshoot my "no-go" situation but I wanted to isolate this one thing to see if it's a tell tale sign.
Cart is a 36V series with stock controller. I have replaced the solenoid and it has a ScotttyB reversing contactor. The tests seem to point to the high voltage side down stream of the controller (I think). So I wanted to test directly to the motor. Since the reversing contactor is wired different from the manual F&R I wired the B+ from the controller to the S1 on the motor and the S2 directly to the A1 on the motor. The A2 on the motor goes back to the M- on the controller. This should complete the HV circuit. power comes from the B1 thru the field, back thru the S2 to the A1, thru the field and then the A2 back to ground.
With this wired this way I'm getting 26.5V at B+ of the controller ?? If I wire everything back to the reversing contactor I get the normal slightly less than pack voltage. (-3V from solenoid resistor)
Motor continuity is correct across S1 & S2 and also A1 & A2. No other continuity across poles. It also spun when I tested with 12V.
Jblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2023, 03:44 PM   #2
Jblack
Getting Wild

Default Re: funny voltage drop with reversing contactor removed

It ended up being the controller that was faulty. I installed a new one today and it's working.
Old 06-13-2023, 03:49 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Glad you figured it out.
Thanks for updating us.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 06:48 AM   #4
Jblack
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Glad you figured it out.
Thanks for updating us.
I always try to use the search function to see if I can find an answer, but so many times the OP never responds with the final fix.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO