lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2023, 09:45 AM   #1
cssnms
Getting Wild

Default Fixed unpredictable swerving at speed....

Thought I'd share what I did so that it might help someone else.

After upgrading the controller and motor I noticed my car would swerve a bit at higher speeds requiring some correction. It was a bit unnerving. So after having installed HD rear springs and rear 2" spacers while I noticed some stability improvement esp with rear passengers and going around corners, the swerving was still there.

After replacing both knuckle arms which were slightly bent (hard to tell looking at them) and doing an alignment to almost 0 toe offset. The toe was about an 1" out. Adjusting the alignment helped immediately but there was still this nagging unpredictable swerving at speed.

After inspecting my steering system again, I also found that when I turned my steering wheel back and forth the steering gearbox would move slightly on the plate so it was loose - no bueno. After tightening down the 4 bolts my car tracks straight and the swerve at speed is gone!

I'm feeling accomplished. :)
cssnms is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha