lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2023, 11:12 AM   #1
Roefishman
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 ignitor needed or a hack for one

I was trying to weld the frame on my G2 and the igniter box caught on fire. Of course I had removed the fuel tank but the igniter box was dangling too close to my welding. I’m not sure if the circuit board was damaged but part of the rubber enclosure was melted. And after I put the fire out I clipped all 7 wires to remove the box as it was still hot to the touch. Anyway, can I just solder the wiring harness back together and try it without endangering any of the system? Or does someone know where I can find another igniter or do a hack to get this cart running? It’s a special cart to me … it’s been very customized because it was once used in the pit at Portland International Raceway. I hate to think about junking it. Thank you for any help!
Roefishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2023, 02:38 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: G2 ignitor needed or a hack for one

Plowmans should be able to get you a new oem ignitor. Avoid the aftermarket ones they’re complete garbage.

If you want a hack you can do a Chrysler HEI conversion and it works well, but OEM Iignitor is better
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 03:13 PM   #3
Chuckg523
Not Yet Wild

I’m very happy with the Chrysler HEI conversion for the money. I have no issues and run the cart year round. Don’t waste your money on aftermarket cheap ignitors, they do not last and can be hard to troubleshoot.
Chuckg523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 09:39 AM   #4
JHornsby3
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefishman View Post
I was trying to weld the frame on my G2 and the igniter box caught on fire. Of course I had removed the fuel tank but the igniter box was dangling too close to my welding. I’m not sure if the circuit board was damaged but part of the rubber enclosure was melted. And after I put the fire out I clipped all 7 wires to remove the box as it was still hot to the touch. Anyway, can I just solder the wiring harness back together and try it without endangering any of the system? Or does someone know where I can find another igniter or do a hack to get this cart running? It’s a special cart to me … it’s been very customized because it was once used in the pit at Portland International Raceway. I hate to think about junking it. Thank you for any help!
There is no ignitors or anything G2 around the Portland area. I have been to the few shops and there isn't anything around.

Mine came from the Oregon State Fair. Hacked up wiring. Hacked up body. Hacked up everything. But when she ran, it was like a raped ape. I need to check out the HEI mod to see if it will get mine running again.
JHornsby3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g2ignitor, g2ignitor hack
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha