lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2023, 07:13 PM   #1
razerface
Not Yet Wild

Default Txt pds problems-

I bought a cart with the pds controller. I knew it did not work when purchased, but thought i was smarter then the guy that tried to fix it before. I guess I’m not,,,,,i need help.

With key on or off, there is 39v at solenoid on batt side, with 38.5 on controller side, and on controller at A1 and motor at A1, but cart is stationary. The solenoid makes no noise when pedal is pressed. Scared me when i got voltage at motor always but no movement of cart. This is without touching go pedal.

Also curious about the white jumper wire on controller? It is in a 5 wire plug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1357.jpg (152.9 KB, 0 views)
razerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2023, 07:22 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Txt pds problems-

The motor always has the positive voltage. The controller regulates how much negative based on the throttle position through the M- cable. You need to figure out why your solenoid isn't clicking.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 07:25 PM   #3
razerface
Not Yet Wild

What does the solenoid do when it clicks if the voltage is going straight thru it all the time?
Old 05-29-2023, 07:38 PM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by razerface View Post
What does the solenoid do when it clicks if the voltage is going straight thru it all the time?
The solenoid is a big switch that lets high current flow through to the controller and motor. It works with the foot switch. Its main purpose is for safety. It breaks the current when the pedal is released. The reason why there is voltage going through all the time, is because it has a resistor that goes between both large post, to let a little voltage across the solenoid to the controller to keep the capacitors full. The purpose for that is to keep the solenoid contacts from arching. Basically to protect the contacts.

Old 05-29-2023, 08:02 PM   #5
razerface
Not Yet Wild

Ok. Learning already. I will try to figure out why solenoid does not click. Will a bad controller stop the solenoid?

Is the go pedal the thing that sends a signal to solenoid to work?
Old 05-29-2023, 08:22 PM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by razerface View Post
Ok. Learning already. I will try to figure out why solenoid does not click. Will a bad controller stop the solenoid?
If the solenoid driver fails it can. Take a volt meter and check the voltage at the small wires on the solenoid. Place the positive lead on the yellow wire terminal, and the negative on the blue wire terminal. When you press the pedal, you should have pack voltage. If you do not have pack voltage, the controller, or the foot switch could be bad. If you do get voltage, the solenoid is bad. The controller sends the negative to the blue wire when the pedal is pressed which makes the solenoid close.

Old 05-30-2023, 07:26 PM   #7
razerface
Not Yet Wild

Making progress. I figured out the last guy wired a new ignition switch incorrectly. After fixing that, the solenoid clicked very weakly, but would have to turn ign switch off, then back on to make it click when pressing pedal. It ran in reverse for a few seconds, but would not repeat.

I did the test above recommended by mgray70 and it showed pack voltage, so i have a solenoid on the way.

I’ll be back.
Old 05-30-2023, 08:31 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If the reverse buzzer works then you could try to put it in diagnostic mode to listen for codes. Key on. N to R 5 times ending in N. It will beep 1-4 times to tell you what chip is in it. After that push the pedal and listen for codes.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 01:57 PM   #9
razerface
Not Yet Wild

Well, not as clearcut as i hoped. I installed new solenoid. No clicking. Now voltage on batt side is 39.1 and on controller side it is 17v. The resister is hot! Where do i buy a new resister?
Old 06-01-2023, 02:02 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If the resistor is hot the solenoid isn’t closing when told to. You can remove it for testing. If you put your leads on the small yellow and blue wires on the solenoid that should go to pack voltage when the pedal is pushed.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO