lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2023, 10:20 AM   #1
msporter10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Shocks/springs upgrade question

Happy Memorial Day.

I have a lifted 2000 Ezgo TXT. I have literally upgraded everything except the shocks. It has way to much roll to be safe at higher speeds. I have seen some spring shock upgrades for the front but none seem to be for lifted carts. It looks like I may just have to use spacers.

I'm just curious if anyone here can recommend any spring shock upgrades.
msporter10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2023, 12:50 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Shocks/springs upgrade question

If you go with HD springs, that will provide you with a stiffer ride, but at the "cost" of feeling the bumps far more. You can soften the bumps somewhat with lowering your tires air pressure, but again, that gets back to the controlling the roll thing.

These carts aren't made for 30mph speeds.

There are a few post on here that deal with removing the leaf springs entirely and going with a 4 link, gas shock suspension.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 03:34 PM   #3
msporter10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Shocks/springs upgrade question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
If you go with HD springs, that will provide you with a stiffer ride, but at the "cost" of feeling the bumps far more. You can soften the bumps somewhat with lowering your tires air pressure, but again, that gets back to the controlling the roll thing.

These carts aren't made for 30mph speeds.

There are a few post on here that deal with removing the leaf springs entirely and going with a 4 link, gas shock suspension.
Thanks for the response. I have considered removing the leaf springs and going that route as well. I'll look into those forums.
msporter10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shocks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO