lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2023, 11:41 PM   #1
Donny133
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 Club Car GAS self inflicted bone head mistake!

Hi guys first time user here. So I have a big issue with my first cart I’ve ever owned. I’ll start from the beginning and if anyone can lend some insight I would be eternally grateful! I have a 2000 club car DS gas

So we just purchased our first cart and we need to make it street legal and get our permit so we can cruise around our town. I purchased a headlight and taillight kit with signals and the whole nine. The cart did have a light system but it wasn’t complete and it was atleast 20 years old. So I wanted to replaced it with new updated stuff. All LED everything it’s a great looking system. So I got that all working but the issue is unknowingly I removed what I thought was the all the old wiring and apparently took with it the wiring for the starting system cuz now the cart doesn’t run. There are 4 wires in the box under the seat that I assumed we’re for the lighting. Well I was VERY WRONG! I have a mechanic background but for some reason this didn’t even come to mind to leave the old wiring in tact and just install the new stuff.

So long story short I am trying to find out what those wires are for and where to reconnect them to get this cart going. My wife is going to KILL ME for this so I am trying to get this done no harm no foul. I’m sure I took some grounds with it as well. I feel so stupid for doing that and it’s been eating me alive all holiday weekend. Tuesday I have to dive in and have no clue where to start. Can anyone give me some tips on what colors go where or some kind of system info on where to go? I have the 4 wires. Red and yellow are 12v and blue and green have no power from the fuses. Anything anyone can tell me would be great. Thanks in advance!
Donny133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2023, 03:32 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Club Car GAS self inflicted bone head mistake!

Without more information, I'm going to assume you have a conventional Club Car DS with pedal start.. Meanin, the engine starts and stops with the gas pedal instead of thekey switch having a start position like a car. Here is a wiring diagram. https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=926&page=2
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 06:40 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

From the stickies section:

This applies to most pedal start carts.
If you have no power to the key switch check the 10a fuse in the electronics box. Very easy to touch the red wire terminal of the key switch to the dash frame and pop the fuse if you didn’t unhook the battery negative before working in the dash area.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 10:53 PM   #4
Donny133
Not Yet Wild

that’s correct. Like I mentioned it’s my first cart so I actually didn’t know they made them other ways. This is extremely helpful thank you sooo much
Donny133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car