lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2023, 07:00 PM   #31
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha 48v charger

I checked voltage at the cart receptacle and it's at 48.7v. The batteries yes, are old. If I can get 6-10 runs up my long and steep driveway, I'm doing pretty good. They will get replaced in time. I have a friend who is an auto electrician who's working on battery technology so, I'm gonna hold out on his inventions. But **** is he hard to get ahold of to check stuff like this out.
This cart is in need of some love. I threw her together about 7 years ago so I would have something to help me around the property. Plowman's 13.5hp motor and controller upgrade, Jakes long travel, Line X with color coat on entire body, Suite seats......It just needs to be finished. 4 link rear. Upgrade electrical for various things. Replace seats again. I apologize for the haste. My new wife uses the cart a lot to do various chores around the house like, amazon shipments, mail runs, you know, important shat! So to keep her up and running is of utmost importance. So again, my apologies for striking a gift horse.

SO....I"ll put the charger apart as we do have field mice here in sunny San Diego. So who knows. But would it be safe to say that, if I don't have an obvious chewed wire, that there may have been some cheap microswitch that finally gave up the ghost and is causing me to purchase a new charger? If so, what's a robust charger to buy? AMAZON has tons of crap. This current charger has been great. 120v, 10 amps. Near dead, it takes about 8-10 hours to charge. No big deal. Put it on the charger first thing on a Sunday morning and it kicks off before San Diego Gas and Extortion has their retarded rate hikes by 4pm.
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2023, 07:18 PM   #32
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Sadly if the timer board (with all the LEDs) has failed, the part is no longer obtainable. That's been the death knell for many a MAC charger more recently. They used to carry replacements in Nivel/Red Hawk but as of 2020 no longer available.

If you're handy with wiring, you can bypass the timer and put a mechanical 12-hour timer in its place and cut in an ammeter to take the place of the LEDs with a hole saw. It's one way to keep an otherwise decent, simple repairable charger design around. Trust me you don't want anything to do with so-called 'smart' chargers. You just take the two wires that go to the relay on that board and put them on the proper terminals of the mechanical timer and it works like a '60s Lester and will likely outlive you.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 06:07 PM   #33
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, picked up a new charger and, I'm back in business. Didn't get a single reply for suggestions or choices. Went with a Summit 2 and it seems to do the trick just fine.
Old 05-22-2023, 09:18 PM   #34
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Not sure but think Nick responded within 20 minutes of your post. Just saying
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 06:29 AM   #35
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny73 View Post
Well, picked up a new charger and, I'm back in business. Didn't get a single reply for suggestions or choices. Went with a Summit 2 and it seems to do the trick just fine.
I think it is likely your attitude throughout the thread that resulted in the lack of responses on what replacement charger to buy.

Perhaps not just that but could also be the way you structure your posts/responses. You tend to burry the information/questions you are looking to get answered with rambling sentences.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 06:36 AM   #36
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
I think it is likely your attitude throughout the thread that resulted in the lack of responses on what replacement charger to buy.

Perhaps not just that but could also be the way you structure your posts/responses. You tend to burry the information/questions you are looking to get answered with rambling sentences.
ROFLMAO. AND THAT response there is why I left this forum the first time. I guess people still get offended easy. Thin skin on a public forum where the communication is via text. ZERO personal connection or interest. Just words according to your interpretation. There were some who contributed and were worth the read. Others, like this are just useless. Pointless. Just a dick move. So ..... Mods, close this **** thread please.
Old 05-23-2023, 10:19 AM   #37
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny73 View Post
ROFLMAO. AND THAT response there is why I left this forum the first time. I guess people still get offended easy. Thin skin on a public forum where the communication is via text. ZERO personal connection or interest. Just words according to your interpretation. There were some who contributed and were worth the read. Others, like this are just useless. Pointless. Just a dick move. So ..... Mods, close this **** thread please.
I mean you came here looking for help...then berated the people that were offering help because they did not get back to you on something? Not offended just simply offering my opinion as to why people may have stopped responding to your ask for opinion and help on selecting a charger.

I also offered you my take on what you can do to help get more answers to your questions moving forward. It is evident that you felt my opinion on the issues with the thread were incorrect and thats ok if you feel that way.

See you next time you come back to the well for knowledge on a issue you can not solve on your own.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 08:06 AM   #38
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
I mean you came here looking for help...then berated the people that were offering help because they did not get back to you on something? Not offended just simply offering my opinion as to why people may have stopped responding to your ask for opinion and help on selecting a charger.

I also offered you my take on what you can do to help get more answers to your questions moving forward. It is evident that you felt my opinion on the issues with the thread were incorrect and thats ok if you feel that way.

See you next time you come back to the well for knowledge on a issue you can not solve on your own.
I gotta say I was wondering if it was just me but I also noticed the attitude.. I mean if his mind was already made up and he only wanted to hear what he wanted to hear then why ask the question on a public forum in the first place? Based on what he described, the odds were really pretty good at the start of this thread that the issue with the charger could have been related to the rewiring of the plug he had just done.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha