lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2023, 06:38 PM   #1
Sultany
Not Yet Wild

Default Altering DC controller to remove speed limit

I recently picked up a elderly mobility scooter made by pride industries SC710

However, because it is intended for geriatrics the DC controller has a speed limit of 5 mph

The DC controller it uses is this one d51272 which I believe is a 70 amp controller powered by 24 volts

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Sm.../dp/B0999SLSFV

I am trying to see if there is a way to modify this DC controller to remove the speed limit or whether I need to purchase another DC controller to increase its speed, and if so, whether you guys have any recommendation on which one I should use

Have attached an image of what I believe is the schematic for this particular DC controller
Sultany is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2023, 12:11 PM   #2
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Altering DC controller to remove speed limit

Hook up the programmer and see
TheCartBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 12:20 PM   #3
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Whats the application? are you expecting to use this in a golf cart? if so no amount of programming will make up for the under rated and low voltage hardware. if your trying to make a faster wheelchair then yeah its likely possible. you can also get a "36v" curtis controller which would work down to 24v and be capable of multiple times the 70amp output. but this will maily only give you torque.. To get speed you want to increase the battery voltage and voltage through the controller to the motor. the speed is limited by the voltage and motor windings.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 01:29 PM   #4
Sultany
Not Yet Wild

Unfortunately, I could not get my hands on the programmer. I decided to just buy a generic DC controller and bypass the existing controller
Sultany is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts