lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2023, 09:34 AM   #1
rgs80074
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1991 ezgo 36v electric golf cart salvage question

Hello Everyone

Some may recall I've been working slowly on my mothers golf cart,

Well recently the golf cart was rear ended by a pickup truck. Damage does not look bad at first look but

now the frame is bent, can't even get into the cart on the drivers side because its hard to get past the steering wheel now unless your skin and bones

brakes no longer working, I suspect the bent frame is causing the cables not to retract right

the battery try has now broken at many stops that was weak to begin with

the real question is if the insurance company allows me to keep it or buy it cheap, should I? i am not a repair person for it but its likely that for what they are going to give she's going to have to get a cart around the same age, so i am wondering if it might be worth a hundred bucks or so just so i can take out the internals of the cart, she's also had others asked to buy it is as well.

i mean as far as I know the rest of it works still like the electric engine, solenoid, and rest of internals like that.

Thanks for your advice.

Ryan
rgs80074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2023, 10:10 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1991 ezgo 36v electric golf cart salvage question

I wouldn't keep it if the frame is bent that much.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 10:40 AM   #3
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

It might be worth posting in the AD Section to see if someone has a workable frame to use for rebuild. I assume you have the marathon that you asked about the frame previously.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:33 AM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Depending what the insurance pays and what they would sell it to you for as salvage, a lot of the internals and salvageable body parts could be sold on the used market if you have the time. I'm sure there are people looking for good used parts for their 91'. This could be some ca$h to buy a replacement cart that doesn't require a lot of work.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:36 AM   #5
Sideways
Gone Wild

As someone who has experience in the Auto body repair and the insurance side of repairing vehicles, I would say it depends on 2 factors.
1 Your comfort level doing the repairs.
2 What do you currently have in your toolbox. Not having the right tools / equipment can quickly increase the cost and frustration factor.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 01:17 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You would need to strip it down and see what you have. I had something similar and stripped it down to the frame, chained the front to a big tree and the rear to tractor.. Little pulling and was able to get pretty close to original..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 06:41 PM   #7
rgs80074
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

hello everyone,

I was not looking so much to salvage the frame, its bent and i will never be able to get it right,

its more the internal motor, controller, etc, all that appears just fine, the rear axel might be suspect though

so sounds like if cheap enough it might be worth it to have the parts especially if she gets another cart in the same year frame where the stuff is compatible
Old 01-25-2023, 09:41 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgs80074 View Post
hello everyone,

I was not looking so much to salvage the frame, its bent and i will never be able to get it right,

its more the internal motor, controller, etc, all that appears just fine, the rear axel might be suspect though

so sounds like if cheap enough it might be worth it to have the parts especially if she gets another cart in the same year frame where the stuff is compatible
Right. It would be a great parts cart to another similar cart going. But if she gets a newer cart... which would be preferable - then there is little value in keeping this older cart around Unless you just want to make some $ parting it out on CL or this forums classifieds.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 06:32 PM   #9
rgs80074
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

well i am assuming that she will not get enough out of it to even buy one like she had so it might even go older but i could be wrong, the insurance company seems to be taking its forever sweat time doing anything its been like two weeks and i don't think they adjuster has seen the cart first hand yet

Tags
golf cart, wrecked
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO