lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2022, 07:37 AM   #1
R7000
Not Yet Wild

Default New '22 Onward Gas, First Notes-Squawks

Hello all, been lurking for a while but just got a 2022 Onward gas delivered.
I really like the fit and finish. Looking forward to using the cart for no particular reason, just running around the neighborhood and as a grandkid magnet.

First notes:
- my dealer is very responsive. It took 14 mos on order to get the cart but they kept me informed and delivered it to my house within one hour of getting paid.
- top speed is 16 mph. Book says 19 mph.
- the steering wheel is misaligned while driving straight.

The dealer says they need to pick the cart up and fix the steering wheel alignment in the shop. I'll have them look at this speed thing while they have it which I think they can address.

In summary, I'm happy to be a "real" member of the forum now and look forward to getting group wisdom to help get the most out of this new vehicle.
R7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2022, 09:09 AM   #2
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New '22 Onward Gas, First Notes-Squawks

Congrats on the new Ownward..... by far the best looking cart on the market. I actually own a gas Onward with the Kohler engine. Most dealers are reluctant to adjust speed very much ( liability, warranty, etc.) but it can be achieved easily and safely.
I installed the CC high speed cable and also installed 8.1 gears on my cart.
With that being said it really depends on your goals and how your going to use the cart.
Good luck and enjoy.............
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 10:04 AM   #3
R7000
Not Yet Wild

I would hope the dealer wouldn't have a problem adjusting the speed up to the spec. I'm reluctant to mess with a brand new cart on my own.
Old 12-21-2022, 09:45 PM   #4
Seang1989
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I was considering trading up to an Onward. Why did it take so long to get the cart, 14 months seems like a long time?

My buddy has a 2021 gas Onward. It's a great cart. It outruns my 2017 Precedent on hills, but they are comperable on flat runs. The other benefit to the Onward is the factory lift kit. Driving the Onward is totally different than the Precedent with aftermarket lift. My cart is like a bumper car. My previous unlifted club car wasn't like this. I've driven several other lifted Precedents just like mine in the park and they are the same. Constantly moving the steering wheel.

Speed - When I bought my cart, the dealer adjusted the throttle cable to give me more speed.

Good luck.
Seang1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 10:38 PM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Some dealers will adjust the speed and some won’t. There is a local dealer near me that doesn’t, and I’ve had to adjust the governor on several carts for people because of that. I always tell them it may void their warranty with the dealer.

As far as the steering wheel, it’s probably as simple as removing the steering wheel, rotating it so that it is straight, and putting it back on.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 02:41 PM   #6
R7000
Not Yet Wild

The dealer said he would pick up the cart for me, fix the steering wheel and adjust the speed to minimum 19 mph. My dealer is very responsive, and I'm pleased with their service.

Regarding the steering wheel, I was willing to fix it myself if they would tell me how but told me it requires some front-end work underneath.
Old 05-31-2023, 06:30 PM   #7
JeremyRuss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Congratulations! I was able to increase the speed of my Gas onward by tightening the throttle cable slack slightly. Mine cruises at 23 mph on stock tires… for now
JeremyRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car