lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2023, 12:09 PM   #51
ronx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Activating "Low Speed Mode" / installing the switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
If you are just using a switch you only need to connect pins 1 and 2 on the connector. You don't need the 12v.

I needed 12v for something else.
I was thinking about a three post switch with an LED that takes a ground as well, because I think I have an extra laying around the garage somewhere. Thanks for confirming the pin 1/2 for regular switch!
ronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2023, 02:21 PM   #52
derelicte
Gone Wild

Gotcha. Have fun!
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 09:46 AM   #53
RXV Dawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronx View Post
Hey all, just upgraded to a 2022 Icon i40L from my old club car and really loving it. Lots of great information here! I've been absorbing all the info here on programming and would love to try the low speed switch mod. Had a couple questions about the wiring using the Drive plug. Am I understanding correctly that pin 2 on the controller plug is an *input* into the controller that takes the 12V output from the switch's ACC? And that pin 32 on the controller plug is an *output* from the controller that will carry the +12V for the switch's power? Maybe a picture is better. This is my understanding of how the switch (at the top) would be wired through the Drive plug down to the controller plug at the bottom. Do I have this right?

Also, are you using a fuse on the ACC side, and what size?

Thanks!
Thank you for the drawing (I am a more visual person!) So based on what I read, for those of us with the NEOS controller, would the only difference in your drawing be the 12V from the 4-pin plug would go to ground instead or the #2 pin would go to ground?
RXV Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 08:42 PM   #54
RayoVac
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: Activating "Low Speed Mode" / installing the switch

Hey guys I am struggling with LSM. I pulled a wire to PIN-2 on my controller. (2022 cart). I have validated that I have 12vdc on that wire when I turn on my LSM switch.

I have 03.03.02=1
If I watch EV Monitoring and turn on my switch, monitoring PIN-2. I see that state change from 0 to 1.

However, when operating the cart and turning on my switch I feel NO difference. I have LSM setup to be faster. Top speed of 70 for LSM vs. 30 for HSM. RPMs and other speed related options have been adjusted. I feel no difference with the switch on or off.

When I review the EV Status screen there is that Dummy Light labeled Low SPD, I assume when I send 12vdc to Pin-2 I should see that circle turn green. It never does.

I have a second DC-DC convertor for my lights, sound bar etc. I am pulling the 12vdc from that. Just for testing I connected my Pin-2 wire to a open connector that hangs from the area where the Run/Stop switch is, I measured 12vdc on it with my key on. I see Pin-2 change state from 0 to 1 just like it does on my secondary DC-DC convertor. And of course I still don't see the Low SPD dummy light go green in EV Status.

So questions... can you think of anything I am missing? If you go to your EV Status screen in IconLive and enable LSM do you see that Low SPD circle turn green? And while your checking when you press your brake pedal does the Brake On light up for you?? (just out of curiosity).

Attached some screen shots of my settings and what I am seeing.
RayoVac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 04:18 PM   #55
RayoVac
Not Yet Wild

So for anyone that might be interested, I figured out my problem today. I had remembered seeing somewhere in IconLive a setting for "Low Speed Mode DI Port", sure enough under the EVD Configuration tab in IconLive there is a setting for the LSM signal input port. It was default to 34, I changed it to 2 and bingo everything is working.
RayoVac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 07:58 AM   #56
Cbones
Not Yet Wild

Has anyone found a source for a rocker switch that will fit in the cutout hole in front of the cupholder that is shallow enough not to interfere with the cupholder? A link would be fantastic for something to maintain the factory look.
Cbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 08:34 PM   #57
Toyoguru
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbones View Post
Has anyone found a source for a rocker switch that will fit in the cutout hole in front of the cupholder that is shallow enough not to interfere with the cupholder? A link would be fantastic for something to maintain the factory look.
I used a flush mount carling marine switch under the cup holders to do the high/lo setting. Just out of site enough to not be noticed and easy to reach to switch on the fly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5251.jpg (144.5 KB, 0 views)
Toyoguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 05:25 AM   #58
derelicte
Gone Wild

Mine is installed underside on the flat ridge between the steering column and the cup holder.
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon