lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2022, 03:28 PM   #1
jerrygallow92
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger Programming

This probably a long shot, but does anyone know how to make a programming cable for the onboard charger and where I might get the software? The cable and software are described in this video.

https://youtu.be/0ukraN2gXFM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jerrygallow92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2022, 09:09 PM   #2
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Charger Programming

The chargers are delta q chargers. I don’t know if the chargers are tied to the controller on these carts via canbus or if the setting are done standalone. The new icon controllers for 2022 do not use canbus communication protocol so I am guessing even if they were connected to the controller in the past the new ones are probably more standalone? You can download the software to change the parameters of the chargers off the delta q website for free. Haven’t seen much info on the interface cable itself. I looked into this briefly a few weeks back. The cord looks like standard usb with some kind of canbus converter box then a tyco style red black multi pin square connector.

Here’s info on the cable and software download:
https://delta-q.com/software-accessories/

This is the most info I could find on the cable:
https://www.orionbms.com/charger-int...ta-q-chargers/
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:14 PM   #3
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Some of the delta q chargers can can download parameters to a flash drive, opened on pc and parameters adjusted, saved to jump drive and plugged back into charger and parameters loaded from the flash drive, not sure if the ones on the icon carts have this function or not. Look around on the charger for a USB port and a button with a wrench icon.

https://www.orionbms.com/wp-content/...structions.pdf
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 11:37 PM   #4
jerrygallow92
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
The chargers are delta q chargers. I don’t know if the chargers are tied to the controller on these carts via canbus or if the setting are done standalone. The new icon controllers for 2022 do not use canbus communication protocol so I am guessing even if they were connected to the controller in the past the new ones are probably more standalone? You can download the software to change the parameters of the chargers off the delta q website for free. Haven’t seen much info on the interface cable itself. I looked into this briefly a few weeks back. The cord looks like standard usb with some kind of canbus converter box then a tyco style red black multi pin square connector.

Here’s info on the cable and software download:
https://delta-q.com/software-accessories/

This is the most info I could find on the cable:
https://www.orionbms.com/charger-int...ta-q-chargers/
Thanks for the tip! The one in my i60L looks pretty similar to the Delta-Q QuiQ series of chargers. According to this video, those can be programmed using their Programmer CT software and a device called the QuiQ USB interface module. But the video does mention that custom versions of the QuiQ chargers for manufacturers may not be able to be programmed this way. I wonder if the custom ICON version falls into that category? I'm leaning toward yes since it has it's own programming port and cable as described in ICON's video .

If the QuiQ USB interface was easy to find and cheap I might roll the dice on it. But unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess for now I'm better off trying to get my hands on ICON's programming cable and software. I sent off an email to LVTONG, we'll see if they respond
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9630.jpg (149.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 12.35.25 AM.jpg (55.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 11.42.13 PM.jpg (135.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-25-2022, 06:03 PM   #5
jerrygallow92
Not Yet Wild

Did anyone here happen to download the charger programmer software from the ICON portal before it got taken down? I'm thinking about rolling the dice on a USB I2C adapter to see if that's what the cable in the video is, but it won't do me any good if I don't have the software.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 7.01.27 PM.jpg (27.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-26-2022, 08:17 AM   #6
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

i have it. in and out all weekend but can take the time to put it somewhere.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 12:47 PM   #7
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

download good for 7 days from now,

https://we.tl/t-Xmq61k0U3x
Old 03-26-2022, 07:29 PM   #8
jerrygallow92
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahfah View Post
download good for 7 days from now,

https://we.tl/t-Xmq61k0U3x
Thanks so much man!
Old 03-27-2022, 07:32 AM   #9
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

not sure if this was in the video or posted on the forum but the connection is one way (to the charger obviously). Not sure how you're going to determine that you have the right profile/actual change other than studying voltage readings if that's the case.
Old 03-28-2022, 03:22 PM   #10
jerrygallow92
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahfah View Post
not sure if this was in the video or posted on the forum but the connection is one way (to the charger obviously). Not sure how you're going to determine that you have the right profile/actual change other than studying voltage readings if that's the case.
Yes, I remember that from the video. I can log the charge current and voltage to see if the changes were successful. I may also try to figure out how to write my own algorithm file since the software allows you to select a custom one. If I can figure that out, then I won't have to buy a new charger when I put in my lithium battery. Anyway, first I have to figure out the interface that the connector uses. One step at a time.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon