lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2022, 12:08 PM   #1
lowbudget
Not Yet Wild

Default Big Battery FALCN Charge Voltage

I've got a FALCN 72V battery from Big Battery. So far been very pleased but I got to looking at the specs and noticed something odd. The supplied charger I purchased with the battery will only bring the battery up to 80.4V during charging, which drops to 79.XX V after removing the charger. The battery specs list an operating voltage of 68V-85V and a charging voltage range of 84V-88V. 24 cell battery configuration.

The charger has a voltage adjustment screw on it, which I have not touched at this time. Should this charger be at a higher voltage? Link below to battery specs.

https://bigbattery.com/products/72v-...4-28ah-2-3kwh/
lowbudget is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2022, 02:11 PM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Big Battery FALCN Charge Voltage

80.4v is a little low for a 24s LiFePO4 battery, it’s 3.35v per cell. That will get you close to 100% if you allow it to saturate for an extended period. I would personally increase it to 82.8v, which is 3.45v per cell. This will also get you very close to 100% put won’t need to saturate for as long, probably only 1-2 hours once the charger moves from CC mode to CV mode. Going any higher in voltage will just stress your battery more.

LiFePO4 voltage will settle once the charger is removed. It’s normal.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:38 AM   #3
GolfNfool
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudget View Post
I've got a FALCN 72V battery from Big Battery. So far been very pleased but I got to looking at the specs and noticed something odd. The supplied charger I purchased with the battery will only bring the battery up to 80.4V during charging, which drops to 79.XX V after removing the charger. The battery specs list an operating voltage of 68V-85V and a charging voltage range of 84V-88V. 24 cell battery configuration.

The charger has a voltage adjustment screw on it, which I have not touched at this time. Should this charger be at a higher voltage? Link below to battery specs.

https://bigbattery.com/products/72v-...4-28ah-2-3kwh/
Do you have a pic of the charger you are using?
GolfNfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:31 AM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

How is that battery performing for you?

I see it's 80 amp continuous and 180 amp max, but at the higher 72v that may be all you need??? The link goes to the single 28ah pack, did you get that or did you get the 56 or higher ah unit?

I'm not looking to switch packs or change performance but I am curious how this pack is working for you and what kind of range you see.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium