lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2021, 12:25 PM   #1
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default NEOS/ICON Programming Software Troubleshooting

I've posted solutions across a couple threads wanted to consolidate the software/cable troubleshooting information in one place.

1. Downloading the software
The (Toyota/NEOS) software is not mine to distribute so I won't provide it for legal reasons. Other users on the forum can provide it, but I already have provided so much technical information that if I share it, I'll potentially be a target for Toyota legal .

2. Unable to load DLL 'canusbdrv.dll'...

This means you're missing a dependency (FTD2XX.dll).

You can download this from https://ftdichip.com/drivers/d2xx-drivers/

Scroll down and find the Windows x64 (unless you have an old computer). The direct link to the download for 64bit Windows is https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM...0Certified.zip

Extract it and copy the file "\CDM v2.12.28 WHQL Certified\i386\ftd2xx.dll" to the same directory as MotorDriverTuningTool.exe and canusbdrv.dll.

3. Software opens, but cart is not detected, "Tuning" button unavailable, and green light does not show up on CANUSB

First the obvious, make sure the cable is securely connected and the golf cart key is ON.

When you plug in the CANUSB, Windows should automatically detect the device and install the drivers, but sometimes it does not do this.

With the CANUSB plugged into your computer, search the start menu for "Device Manager", and you will likely see a section in the middle called "Other devices" and the CANUSB will be there. It may look similar to this.

If you see this, we know the issue is missing drivers. Use the download link in section 2 above. This folder also contains the necessary drivers that you will have to manually install.

These next steps are tricky, so make sure you don't get down the wrong decision tree. It's also semi-from-memory so you may have a slightly different option to choose.
  1. Right click on it, click Update driver
  2. Choose "Browse my computer for drivres"
  3. Choose "Let me pick from a list of available drivers...
  4. Choose "Have Disk"
  5. Choose Browse
  6. Select the folder/file (*.inf file) of the drivers you downloaded and click "ok"
  7. This will probably say the driver is signed and have a little row there loaded of the driver and you click "finish" or something.
  8. NOW your CANUSB thing should have a slightly different color light pattern (green) and the software will recognize the cart (with the key on).
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2021, 10:20 AM   #2
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: NEOS/ICON Programming Software Troubleshooting

If your NEOS software only lets you program 6000 RPMs, here is how to modify the ConfigurationInformationFile.xml so that you can program a higher value to your cart.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...35&postcount=2
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 04:55 PM   #3
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

OK, so I got my cable built today and made sure it was wired correctly, but when I plug my laptop in to the cart via the CANUSB, I get nothing. When I plug the CANUSB into the laptop without a connection to the cart, the red a green LED's on the device flash on, then off, but neither one stays on. Do I have a bad device?
AdvancedEVguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:35 PM   #4
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Update. I went back and looked at Atrain's post and the driver was not installed, so I used the instructions there to get it installed. Now I get a new error, that Windows can't locate a file during the driver install. It says it's "USB Serial Converter" that it can't find.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:05 AM   #5
PLee83
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

1. Inside the driver folder click into the the i386 folder you have to copy the .dll file into the NEOS software installed folder location.

2. Then you have to also go into device manager and find the canusb device then update driver and choose the main folder of the driver package as the folder for windows to search and click update.

Did you do both these items?
PLee83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 05:23 PM   #6
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Sorry, I should have posted that I got it working. Stupid mistakes. I did not unzip the file on the target machine, so the directory dependencies got messed up. Once I did that it was fine. The other issue I had was that you have to make sure your cart is plugged in and powered up before you launch the app. All good. Now we need to start a thread for tips on what each parameter means, as we learn how this thing works.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:52 AM   #7
Jihaad easa
Not Yet Wild

NEOS is working but i can't open monitor for tab in laptop
Jihaad easa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 11:40 AM   #8
Olizona
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedEVguy View Post
OK, so I got my cable built today and made sure it was wired correctly, but when I plug my laptop in to the cart via the CANUSB, I get nothing. When I plug the CANUSB into the laptop without a connection to the cart, the red a green LED's on the device flash on, then off, but neither one stays on. Do I have a bad device?
Can you provide the details for making the cable?
Olizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 08:37 AM   #9
vk4444
Not Yet Wild

I have one i can sell you. Has the cable and the CANUSB. $180
vk4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 10:51 AM   #10
raed
Not Yet Wild

Hi,
I already use NEOS software, but I formatted my laptop and when I installed the program again It didn't work. The CANUSB lights green when I open the program and read some parameters in the Tuning but gives an Error in diagnosis, I attached screenshots for the program and device manager. What is the problem? I checked on two different laptops and 2 controllers and got the same problem!
Thanks in advance.

https://we.tl/t-ZFPyrw70ow
raed is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon