lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2021, 10:29 AM   #1
Drewish
Not Yet Wild

Default Icon 6 seater, how many LI batteries?

Hey - buying my Icon 6 seater now. Convinced the dealer to take my new LA batteries on trade, upgrade to lithium batteries and paint the cart for $1500. My question is, he is planning to put in two 48v 30ah Allied batteries. The Allied spec sheet recommends 3 of those batteries for that size cart, he said that 2 is all that is needed and they just want to sell more batteries. Problem is, I don’t know if he is saying that because we struck a deal previously... he did say he would add one more for $980, which doesn’t seem a terrible price (after looking online). I just really don’t want to sacrifice any speed or distance on his word (but I get I should trust him, right?)
Drewish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2023, 06:49 AM   #2
Wikiedickie
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Icon 6 seater, how many LI batteries?

Don't think you need the extra battery..
Wikiedickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 02:46 PM   #3
derelicte
Gone Wild

60 ah isn't very big. What is the capacity of the current batteries?
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 04:47 PM   #4
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would think that you’d be sacrificing distance with only 60Ah on a 6 seater, especially when loaded with passengers. You might even hit current limitations when loaded with only 2 batteries. Each battery is 30A continuous, 60A for 10 seconds and will disconnect instantly at 105A.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon