lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2020, 05:46 PM   #1
TLWABA53
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Boy MTV Electric shuts down and restarts on pedal release

I have a 2008 Bad Boy MTV Electric (note: this is not a Bad Boy Buggie is was made by Bad Boy Mowers). It is a 48 volt with a Curtis SepEx 1268 controller. It has a D&D motor (#170-514-0001). It was in the Limp mode and giving me the speed sensor error on the controller. I replaced the speed sensor and now I do not have any error codes flashing but the cart starts off fine but after a 50 yards are so it completely shut off. Is soon as I release the accelerator it will start again. I do have a slight roar in the rear end or the motor but it is not consistent. The solenoid was replaced last year and sounds like it is engaging properly. I do not hear it dropping out when the motor shuts down. Any advice would be welcome on where to start trouble shooting the problem.
TLWABA53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
TLWABA53
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bad Boy MTV Electric shuts down and restarts on pedal release

No help yet? I do want to update the post. I ran the cart today with a meter attached to the battery pack. It has been off the charger for several days and started at 50.6 volts. under load and WOT it would drop to 45.5 on a slight hill. Most of the test it ran about 48 volts. I ran it about 1/2 mile and it returned to 50.1 volts at rest.
One interesting thing it never shut down completely this time but it would loose power for about one second about every 5 seconds but would start back without me releasing the accelerator. I almost felt like a gas engine with a bad miss.
TLWABA53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 02:20 PM   #3
TGaleazzi
Not Yet Wild

If you have figured out your problem can you post what you did or text me what you did 501-887-6345
TGaleazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 04:15 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Two-an-a-half year old post. Either he figured it out or got rid of the cart.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts