lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2021, 12:53 PM   #11
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Driven clutch with wide belt

Just disassemble the clutch and place the spacer between the clutch sheeves on the center shaft. My only question is the same as CP241 asked before. Will there be 3/16" extra in the clutch for the belt to get all the way down to the center shaft.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2023, 01:44 PM   #12
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I hate these loose end threads. I have the same issue, 1 3/16 clutch and a 1" driven clutch. Thought this might be of some help but nope. It's in the same category as putting cereal in my bowl then realizing there's no milk.
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 07:37 PM   #13
Kall
Not Yet Wild

I have a similar problem as well. I am doing a clone swap on a 2011 club car DS. I machined an aluminum spacer 3/16 thick with the exact center shaft OD diameter as the ID. Honestly, I think it seemed to work fine. Only problem is, I had hit 15 mph with the 16 to 1 gear ratio as forward (to explain, the 97 up are passenger side drop clockwise rotation, the clones motors is counterclockwise. I would have preferred to build a jackshaft but I had to settle). So I hit that 15 mph, running the original clone engine carburetor. Refit, clubcar muffler. 780 drive clutch, a worn out stock driven clutch, assembled with a 3/16” thick piece of schedule 40 pipe to run the 1- 3/16 belt. Since this, I put a Mikuni style carburetor with a custom intake, to adapt the new carb and installed a vacuum line to run fuel pump. I swapped out the secondary with a brand new stock style secondary, assembled with a machine and aluminum spacer and, a red nondirectional spring. Now my average top speeds 9 mph, top speed is a generous 12 mph well really getting on it. Anyone have any idea how that may have happened? How I could lose top speed by adding what should be upgraded parts? The only thing I can think of is, that the belt isn’t going far enough down into the secondary to get the additional speed. Maybe the worn out secondary was softer, IDK..
Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 10:37 AM   #14
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Drive it and see what the belt is doing in the clutches. It sounds like the secondary might not be opening at all which will limit you to about 9-10mph before the motor hits the rev limit.

If you put a spacer in the secondary there will be more pre-load on the spring when it's assembled which basically makes it a stronger spring. You may have to shorten it or go to a softer spring to get it to work correctly. Also double check that the helix is installed correctly, if its clocked incorrectly it will bind against the ramp buttons and will not allow the clutch to work. Helix needs to be clocked according to rotation direction of the clutch.

You said you put a clone engine in, so the new engine should be spinning counter-clockwise?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car