lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2018, 11:25 PM   #1
lightman45
Not Yet Wild

Default 20062006 Ezgo TXT will not start after servicing and will not start

I pulled my 2006 ezgo txt cart in shop (starting and running fine) and changed oil and when I finished servicing it will not start. I have checked fuel pump and fuel line and they are performing fine. I checked spark at wire end and through sparkplug and have a hot spark. I set valve clearances to .006 cold(they were all pretty close to begin with). I checked compression and got 75 on one and 80 on the other. I squirted oil in the 75 lb. cylinder and got only 120. My question is could the timing and or timing belt cause the compression to be reading low. It was cranking and running perfect when I pulled it into the shop. Today I pulled the timing cover off and belt and timing was all good. I started tearing apart to pull engine out and when I pulled the fuel pump to carburetor fuel line off carburetor there was this little black plastic plug like thing sticking out of line. The small part was sticking out of fuel line and in carburetor inlet and the bigger disc part was in the fuel line. What in the world is this and what does it do? When I checked for fuel earlier by pulling line off carburetor it was squirting fuel when engine turned over, but I don't see how with this thing in the line. What do you think? Thanks, Jim
lightman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO