lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2017, 10:49 PM   #11
BigMac!
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Club Car DS big block build "Sarge"

Side bar. I ordered an extended top which had to be shipped motor freight due to its size. After a couple of weeks I contacted the seller to see where it was. They said it was delivered to my address. I assure them that is was not as I work from home and nothing has shown up. They contacted the shipper who quickly realizes that they accidentally delivered it to the wrong address. The seller had my name and correct address but it just happen to be very similar to a golf cart company in my same town. The shipping company delivered it to the golf cart company by mistake and luckily did fess up to the mistake. When I called the golf cart company they said yes they had my top. When the shipping company showed up to claim the top they claimed they did not have it and that the shipper must have delivered it somewhere else. This crappy company did this just to get a free top knowing that they accepted someone else's shipment. And then lied about it. In the end I received my top but I have no respect for the local company and will make it known to anyone in my area asking about them. The shipping company had to pay for the new top and I am two weeks later in receiving it than I should have.
BigMac! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2017, 07:52 AM   #12
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Man, that's just common!

I would let everyone I know in my area about that company and to avoid at all costs. They might as well came to your house and stole the top from you. I hate liars, but more than anything I hate thieves.

But then again, it couldn't been an honest mistake. Maybe the freight company went to collect your top but spoke to someone else who wasn't aware of the mistake. I've had something similar happen not to long ago. Freight company ships my delivery to another address (who happened to be a neighbor a few doors down) but swore up and down they delivered to my address.

Last edited by NCPW; 06-27-2017 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: Added info
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:21 AM   #13
BigMac!
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I ordered a bunch of new parts to keep the build going but in typical fashion it caused a ripple effect of issues.

Comet 780 clutch
Matching secondary for 1 3/16" belt.
New 1 3/16" belt (used the belt length calculator and it seemed to nail the length)
Dash kit
Rocker switches
Keyed Ignition
12v power plugs
New LED headlight kit (Cart had lights but I wanted brighter)
Exhaust tubing to build a custom exhaust

Here is a pic of the pulleys, belt, and exhaust. I know the pulleys aren't exactly lined up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg engine pulleys exhaust.jpg (198.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-30-2017, 09:14 AM   #14
BigMac!
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Its starting to come together at this point. I got the dash switches and ignition wired up.

PSA - When your front cowl already has lights mounted know the size of the lights so when you order new ones you get a similar size. The new LED head lights were quite a bit smaller and actually pass through the holes for the previous. Which lead to me buying an unmolested front cowl from a local shop. So when I get the extended top I will be spraying bedliner on those two parts as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170604_141624.jpg (145.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170608_191455.jpg (317.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-01-2017, 09:33 PM   #15
MoparDrew
Not Yet Wild

Cool build, I am about to put some 27's on a DS so I am going to be looking for more power as well. Looking good! Good luck with the rest of it.
MoparDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:57 PM   #16
BigMac!
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I got the top and front cowl bedlined. I used a different gun setting and I really like the texture effect. But I am not going to respray the body to match, they are just going to be slightly different. Also got the Grizzly worx front bumper mounted up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170610_210424.jpg (157.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170615_165033.jpg (268.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-06-2017, 08:54 PM   #17
BigMac!
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am in need of advice. For simplicity I used the CC factory throttle box and linkage and just ran a new cable to the predator engine. Problem is at full throttle the engine is not wide open. I need more throw and I am at a loss. Here is a pic of the throttle box which I also had to cut and modify to fit the engine. The engine is so wide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Engine pic 2.jpg (262.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Engine pic 1.jpg (210.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #18
BigMac!
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So I got it completed and was able to take it for its maiden voyage. With no changes to the throttle it was able to hit a top speed of 19 with the sustained of 18mph. Not exactly what I was hoping for but its a start. Knowing that I am not getting wide open throttle gives me hope.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170625_154425.jpg (268.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-15-2017, 08:50 PM   #19
BigMac!
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Finally got the throttle issue handled. I ended up drilling a new hole for the gas pedal linkage closer to the pivot point which gave me more throw at the bell crank where the throttle cable connects to. Since I forgot all the math I ever knew besides addition and subtraction I just kind of guessed where to drill that would give me enough throw. I ended up getting to much throw and the first time I gave it full throttle the throttle cable pulled out of the bell crank and actually stretched open the plastic bell brank. I had to order a new bell crank for 12 bucks plus 14 for shipping. So I am still a little ways from complete. I will take a few pics when I replace the part.

Last edited by BigMac!; 07-15-2017 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: fixing grammer
Old 08-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #20
BigMac!
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Its been a minute since my last update but I am happy to say that I have reached all my goals. Just installed my second throttle cable and I am now able to get full throttle. My initial test run just went 24mph with just me in it. I have my inspection tomorrow to get my street legal registration and the max speed allowed is 25 so I am exactly where I wanted to be. It has a ton of torque and will allow me to use it at the deer lease as a work horse. Its not the fastest cart but it checks all the boxes I had at the beginning. Just have to figure out the music next and I am looking hard at the wet sounds sound bar for a UTV.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides