lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs
Drivers Clubs Club Car/Ezgo/Yamaha/etc.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2023, 11:01 AM   #1
Surfnturf
Not Yet Wild

Default 40v maybe?????

Hello
Newbie here.
I have a 36v 95 ezgo medalist.
It has a new curtis pmc 25864G09 controller in it.
6 6v batteries that are weak.
I’m thinking about going to 48v and understand what that takes but I’m not sure I am ready to make that commitment.
I thinking about putting 5 new 8v in it and run it with the current electronics to see if I even want to go this route
My questions are will my controller handle 40v?
How can I charge it?
Am I crazy for even thinking this?
If all goes ok then I could upgrade to 48v and new electronics.
Surfnturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2023, 10:08 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 40v maybe?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfnturf View Post
Hello
Newbie here.
I have a 36v 95 ezgo medalist.
It has a new curtis pmc 25864G09 controller in it.
6 6v batteries that are weak.
I’m thinking about going to 48v and understand what that takes but I’m not sure I am ready to make that commitment.
I thinking about putting 5 new 8v in it and run it with the current electronics to see if I even want to go this route
My questions are will my controller handle 40v?
How can I charge it?
Am I crazy for even thinking this?
If all goes ok then I could upgrade to 48v and new electronics.
Good idea. Unfortunately - Nobody makes a 40v charger.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 10:50 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 40v maybe?????

Not for nothing but I have a couple of antique carts in my collection; one from the 40s and the other from 1960, that were each designed for 24 volts. They were each dreadfully slow at that voltage so I swapped out the (4) 6v batteries in each for 8v ones. Each of these carts are now running at 32v which gets me just about perfect speed (12 - 14 mph). Like 40v, there are no chargers for 32v. I use a 36v charger on mine, just understand that the charger will never turn off so I have to keep an eye on things when charging. Heck this was the way it was done in "long ago" times when chargers used timers to turn them off rather than circuitry.

All the same, I would think that a 48v charger might work on a 40v "Frankencart" but you would essentially need to manually charge it. Now, with a 36v charger I am only jumping up 4v from my 32v set up whereas you would be jumping up 8v from your 40v and that's a significant difference. I would imagine that this wouldn't be great for the batteries but I suspect that it would work.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs