lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2020, 09:58 AM   #101
mtollin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Anyone tried RoyPow lithium kit yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiejpatterson View Post
I reached out to a dealer in North Texas that was referred by RoyPow and they quoted:
- 56 AH, $1,850 for battery/bracket/charger (plus $150 core deposit on charger)
- 105 AH, $2,500 for battery/bracket/charger (plus $150 core deposit on charger)

is this a fair price? Seems much higher then what I have previously seen posted in this thread. Can anyone recommend another dealer which is more reasonable? I live in Oklahoma, and there are not any dealers currently in the state. I am ok with having the crate shipped to me and installing myself.

This will be installed on two 2005 Club Car DS... both carts batteries need replaced at the same time. My luck...
I was quoted from a Georgia dealer $1900 for the 105amp, but that was picking it up myself, and before tax
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2020, 10:03 AM   #102
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiejpatterson View Post
I reached out to a dealer in North Texas that was referred by RoyPow and they quoted:

- 56 AH, $1,850 for battery/bracket/charger (plus $150 core deposit on charger)

- 105 AH, $2,500 for battery/bracket/charger (plus $150 core deposit on charger)

is this a fair price? Seems much higher then what I have previously seen posted in this thread. Can anyone recommend another dealer which is more reasonable? I live in Oklahoma, and there are not any dealers currently in the state. I am ok with having the crate shipped to me and installing myself.

This will be installed on two 2005 Club Car DS... both carts batteries need replaced at the same time. My luck...
Pretty sure that I have been seeing people post on FB that folks are getting the 105 for $1,900 shipped.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:17 AM   #103
ozycart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
Pretty sure that I have been seeing people post on FB that folks are getting the 105 for $1,900 shipped.
I wish someone here would post a link to where they are seeing these posts and a source. I'd be in for the 105 for $1,900 if I could just find a source.
ozycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:54 AM   #104
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozycart View Post
I wish someone here would post a link to where they are seeing these posts and a source. I'd be in for the 105 for $1,900 if I could just find a source.
Pretty sure that it's on the Facebook group Golf Carts Modified where they posted about it. I didn't see links, most people were messaging the specifics. The MSRP on the 105 is $1999. If someone is asking more than that I would be trying to find a different dealer.

We're still pretty early in the release of the product. I just happened to stumble upon it right after the first containers arrived in country and they were still trying to set up their offices. So I was posting here about it the same time they were finding their first dealers...

I'm sure that Roypow will get their supply chain worked out. I think that they are surprised by the DIY'er response to the product and have been geared towards a wholesale-dealer network vice retail sales. As more and more cart and battery shops begin carrying the products the more the product and prices will stabilize. You'll probably start seeing it on Ebay and other sites before long. Hell I have even thought about coming out of retirement to market and sell these... lol

Old 01-29-2020, 12:05 PM   #105
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

For clarification I'm not affiliated with Rowpow in anyway and do not sell the batteries.

I have been researching and looking for an alternative for the Leaf cells since before building my 1st pack. I realized from the start that Leaf modules we use are from 2012-2015 cars and are a limited and quickly aging supply. I saw the Leaf packs as a temporary solution until the market comes up with a reasonable priced purpose designed system. I have people constantly asking to build them lithium packs and I'm not really interested, but I would love to have a viable option to point them to. This is the just 1st and only reasonable price product I have found so far that I would be comfortable recommending for friends.

I'll see if I can find a contact that people are using to purchase on FB and post it. I don't believe that it is currently competing with any site sponsors.

Edit: while looking for dealers I found my first negative remarks. It seems that there is an issue with some of the battery terminals breaking and the BMS glitching when trying to charge, requiring the pack to be powered down and turned back on to charge. But they say that the company is quick to respond and replacing under warranty...

Old 01-29-2020, 01:35 PM   #106
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
For clarification I'm not affiliated with Rowpow in anyway and do not sell the batteries.

I have been researching and looking for an alternative for the Leaf cells since before building my 1st pack. I realized from the start that Leaf modules we use are from 2012-2015 cars and are a limited and quickly aging supply. I saw the Leaf packs as a temporary solution until the market comes up with a reasonable priced purpose designed system. I have people constantly asking to build them lithium packs and I'm not really interested, but I would love to have a viable option to point them to. This is the just 1st and only reasonable price product I have found so far that I would be comfortable recommending for friends.

I'll see if I can find a contact that people are using to purchase on FB and post it. I don't believe that it is currently competing with any site sponsors.

Edit: while looking for dealers I found my first negative remarks. It seems that there is an issue with some of the battery terminals breaking and the BMS glitching when trying to charge, requiring the pack to be powered down and turned back on to charge. But they say that the company is quick to respond and replacing under warranty...

I'd like to read more about the issues you discovered to see what's going on (couldn't find via google) - do you have a link?
Thanks
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:52 PM   #107
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Default Anyone tried RoyPow lithium kit yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin View Post
I was quoted from a Georgia dealer $1900 for the 105amp, but that was picking it up myself, and before tax

Check golf cats of Dallas. Ask for Shawn

Sorry didn’t mean to quote you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:56 PM   #108
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozycart View Post

Check with golf cars of Dallas

Old 01-30-2020, 09:08 AM   #109
anpgator
Getting Wild

We stock them in NW Fl but currently do not have any interest in shipping. $1900 shipped including the charger for the 105ah would be a very minimal profit. They must be doing very high volume.

anpgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:50 PM   #110
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpgator View Post
We stock them in NW Fl but currently do not have any interest in shipping. $1900 shipped including the charger for the 105ah would be a very minimal profit. They must be doing very high volume.

Where you located, we go down that way a lot. Looking at adding a cart at our place.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium