lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Default Exploded view of V-Glide for Controller cart

Somewhere along the line I know I saw an exploded view of a V-Glide for a controller cart, but I can't seem to find it again.

Does anyone have such a thing, or know where I can find one? I want to know what all is inside it before I decide to tear into it. I haven't pulled mine yet, but I want to, but want to be prepared.

I assume it's the contact/wiper board, a wiper arm with brush, and then are there resistors installed inside as well, from contact to contact, so that as the arm moves the resistance increases (or decreases). I'll start by doing a resistance test on the output wires, but I still want to tear it apart and clean and lube everything before I put a new controller in my cart.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Exploded view of V-Glide for Controller cart

Darned little inside....Like you say a row of contacts bolt to the wires outside and a wiper arm and contact.....Oh, and 1 lonely microswitch. Pull the cover and take a look....or Click on the link for a look inside the v-glide.....Photo is @ WOT.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1223509345
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0183.jpg (86.0 KB, 69 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Here are some pictures I took of a old one I had.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

scottyb, I get an "invalid attachment" page when I clicked your link, but thanks for the response. Would like to see it still though.

Andy4639, thanks. That's what I thought was inside. Pretty simple setup. Hopefully mine is in good shape when I open it up to clean the contacts and check all the resistors and wiring.

I already have the new controller, and new solenoid, and I just put my F&R back together after cleaning the contacts. They were very dirty, but now they are nice and shiny again and making good contact. I even sanded down all the contacts on the micro switches (both inside and out) so they are like new. Yes, you read me right, I took the micros apart and cleaned their contacts too. :)
Old 10-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I will work on my link.....you see where Andy's is broke off at the base? There are two 3/8 bolts mounting it to the frame and the dissimilar metal electrolysis sets up real bad on these....Also see the $100 worth of resistors on Andy's? That is the set up for a controller cart...NIce pics Andy!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #6
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

I pulled the one side cover off, that covers the contact and wiper arm assembly, and took a look in there. It was surprisingly clean, and had good shiny contacts and no significant signs of arcing, so that's a good sign. I might give it a light buffing anyway, just to be sure it's up to snuff. Brush still looked fairly substantial too, and all connections looked good on that side. Need to test microswitch, but it appears good (looked new to be honest). I'll pull the nuts off the other side to uncover the wiring and resistors later, so I can see if there is any corrosion in there. I am confident that it will look good as well though.

Now, here's a quick question, when the go pedal is not being pressed, should the brush be sitting across the bottom two contacts, or should it be all the way down so it only touches the bottom contact? Same applies to WOT, should it be bridging the last two contacts, or should it be resting ONLY on the last contact pad? If it needs to be firmly on the last pad, it looks like I need to adjust the linkage slightly, but then I'm sure it will still rest on both contacts at the bottom of the board since the arm will be extended a little more.

I'm learning a lot about sparkies! I plan to build new 4ga or maybe even 2ga cables, and then I'll put her back together and see how she runs. Then maybe I'll actually lift it, or put it on bags and lower it, haven't decided yet. I know I "need" one of each though. LOL

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:08 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The 4g cables work for all but the most extreeme amperage users
I have been running carts like yours on 48v that will climb telephone poles at a full charge with 4g wires......
Old 10-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #8
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

That's good to know. I have a bit of both laying around, but more of the 2ga (and 2/0 actually. I have like 40 or 50 feet of 2/0), so that is why I was considering using it. I have to check my shop and see how much 4ga I actually have. I might just link the batteries together with 2ga, and then use 4ga to run the rest, or maybe 2ga to controller, and then 4ga to motor. I don't know... gotta see how much of the stuff I have, and what is the most efficient use of it. lol

The 2/0 I usually only run in 5,000-20,000+ watt stereo systems.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:44 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I guess if I had it lying around I would use it....but I would use the 2g on the longer runs where you are more likely dealing with heat & losses. Send me some of that stuff
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car