lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
poppashoppa
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car IQ will not move

I bought a Club Car IQ a few months ago and since then I have replaced the factory motor with a Plum Quick Executioner. It ran fine after that, but still was not fast enough. I bought an Alltrax DCX600 controller and since I bought that I have not been able to get the club car to even move. I have tested the voltage on all batteries and everything is good. The solenoid clicks. The diode is hooked up correctly. The light stays green on the controller like it's supposed to. I changed the controller twice and the circuit board three times because that's what they keep telling me is wrong with it. My golf car has been sitting on jack stands for months now and I'm just ready to make it move. I would appreciate any help I could get with this. Thanks
poppashoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car IQ will not move

Not that I know anything, but will it run if you put your old controller on. That would rule out everything else.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Put your DVM test leads on B- and M-. Have somebody press the gas just enough to make the solenoid click. At that time you should get a reading the same as the battery pack voltage. Then have the helper press the gas peddle down to the floor and you should see the voltage reading go down near zero and you should see the LED light change from green to amber.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

For safety purposes, you may want to put your cart up on blocks - if things miraculously fix themselves, you may have skid marks across your body where skid marks don't belong.

On a more serious question, I read where you have an IQ cart - didn't see the year model and/or serial PQ, etc...this was the exact symptom I had. Found out that my cart being an Exel flavor of the Precedent family had to be converted to an IQ.

None the less, Scottybs recommended tests are still valid and required part of the troubleshooting.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
poppashoppa
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all for your input. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to test anything today. I considered changing the controller back to stock, but I was really trying to just move forward and to get everything to work together to achieve the best performance I could. After reading several other forums, I'm starting to think that maybe I should go with a different motor besides the Plum Quick. There tech support sucks, they never answer or call you back. This has been an ongoing problem for 9 months now. I don't want to start any debates about their company or their motors, I would just like for mine to work!!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
poppashoppa
Not Yet Wild

My cart is a PQ1144-245758 by the way...

Tags
club car, controller, iq cart, motor, move
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car