lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cheapest way to go 48v

Im planning on going 48v on my 2005 Ezgo txt series cart. I have the charger and am going to get the batteries today or tomorrow. I have a GE raptor motor that runs at 5330rpms, about 24mph . I figure it will turn a little over 7000 on 48v, is this safe for this motor? Will a NPX controller be fine or is there some reason I need to get an AXE?
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cheapest way to go 48v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatlock00 View Post
Im planning on going 48v on my 2005 Ezgo txt series cart. I have the charger and am going to get the batteries today or tomorrow. I have a GE raptor motor that runs at 5330rpms, about 24mph . I figure it will turn a little over 7000 on 48v, is this safe for this motor? Will a NPX controller be fine or is there some reason I need to get an AXE?
You will not get the same performance from an NPX as an AXE unless that NPX is specially factory programmed for such use.
We recently had a run of these controls specially programmed for us at Alltrax. (no user programming on NPX) The average NPX says not for modified, lifted, off road, or 4 passenger golf carts on it. These NPX are identical to AXE except for the program hardware so they are less expensive.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO