lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2008 CC Precedent (3" Lift versus 6" Lift)

Greetings all,

I have more questions. I am still contemplating whether to install a 3" or 6" lift kit. If I install a 6" lift kit, it is my presumption that I would need a longer driver's side brake cable - is that correct? Would I be okay with the stock motor and controller? I plan on installing 22" X 11" X 10" tires/wheels with the longer kit, what about any spacers? I also want the rear seat kit. Heavy duty springs with new bushings? What may be your thoughts? There is so much to consider for a newbie. This is my first cart. Thanks!

ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 CC Precedent (3" Lift versus 6" Lift)

Zack,
If you are set on the 10" wheels, then go with a 3" lift, a 6" lift will leave lots of gap between the tires and body. I would hold off on the HD springs, until you test ride it with the rear seat. Don't forget to get a rear seat that will allow you to use your down spouts. (ask the vendor).

Get some wheels with some offset so spacers will not be an issue.

After you install the lift, wheels and rear seat, see how she rides. Does the left rear brake feel touchy? (adjust, or install a right brake cable on left side), Does the cart sag with passengers? (HD springs), Is the the cart too slow? (high speed motor), does the cart lack acceleration? (bigger controller, bigger cables).

That is how I would proceed, but just my opinion!
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:08 AM   #3
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Zack,
If you are set on the 10" wheels, then go with a 3" lift, a 6" lift will leave lots of gap between the tires and body. I would hold off on the HD springs, until you test ride it with the rear seat. Don't forget to get a rear seat that will allow you to use your down spouts. (ask the vendor).

Get some wheels with some offset so spacers will not be an issue.

After you install the lift, wheels and rear seat, see how she rides. Does the left rear brake feel touchy? (adjust, or install a right brake cable on left side), Does the cart sag with passengers? (HD springs), Is the the cart too slow? (high speed motor), does the cart lack acceleration? (bigger controller, bigger cables).

That is how I would proceed, but just my opinion!
This is great feedback. In your first paragraph above you reference "down spouts." Are these for water runoff and where are they located and what do they look like? Thanks.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:16 AM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Downspouts, ie, water run offs, are built into the roof supports on the Precedent . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:23 AM   #5
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

If you look on the top of the roof (in the rear), you will notice drains that go through the rear supports. This allows water to drain from the roof to the underside of the cart. Make sure that the rear kit comes with the hardware to allow the original drainage feature to remain intact.

Basically, the rear supports are hollow and serve two functions: 1: Support the roof. 2: Allow water to flow from the roof to under the cart.

Just like the other "smarter" steve said!

Last edited by Stevec3201; 09-23-2011 at 05:24 AM.. Reason: added comment
Old 09-23-2011, 05:30 AM   #6
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

Got it. Your response is much appreciated.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #7
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

You probably can't fit 22" tires with a 3" kit without rubbing. Doesn't matter if the rims are 8", 10", 12" or whatever, the tires are still 22" tall. Jakes recommends a 6" lift for 22" on a Precedent. I am able to fit 23" on mine and have no issues with 4 people on my cart with the stock springs, 6" lift, and 23" tires. But some may and would have to upgrade to heavy duty springs. You don't need a longer brake cable for a typical 6" spindle lift. Everything you need comes in the box with the lift kit except for the tools to install it with.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
You probably can't fit 22" tires with a 3" kit without rubbing. Doesn't matter if the rims are 8", 10", 12" or whatever, the tires are still 22" tall. Jakes recommends a 6" lift for 22" on a Precedent. I am able to fit 23" on mine and have no issues with 4 people on my cart with the stock springs, 6" lift, and 23" tires. But some may and would have to upgrade to heavy duty springs. You don't need a longer brake cable for a typical 6" spindle lift. Everything you need comes in the box with the lift kit except for the tools to install it with.
This is a different perspective in regard to a possible setup. Thanks for your feedback to a
Old 09-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #9
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
Salt brings up a great point: The height of the tire has nothing to do with the wheel. However, you don't want all tire and no wheel, unless you are into that swamp buggy look My rule is: 10" wheels/20" tires, 12" wheels/22-23" tires. It just looks better Probably drives better too!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Salt brings up a great point: The height of the tire has nothing to do with the wheel. However, you don't want all tire and no wheel, unless you are into that swamp buggy look My rule is: 10" wheels/20" tires, 12" wheels/22-23" tires. It just looks better Probably drives better too!
Your sage advice is more than welcome. I'm beginning to see a clearer picture of what I may be interested in. Thanks for putting it in a different light.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car