lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
jason101
Not Yet Wild

Default 04 series cart

i have a 04 series cart, 9hp buggies torque motor, and am having gear noise, like you can hear when it is running in the campground and i am the only one with the noise.. lol,, but i am wondering if there is any oil in the rearend, my question is how do you add oil to the rear end after i empty it, i have no idea how to add cannot find filler plug, any help would be great on this, but also if there was any other thing that could cause this noise in rearend, i didn't have a motor on the cart when i bought it, so i don't know if it had the noise before the motor.. thanks jason
jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 04 series cart

if you take the drain plug off and let the oil run out you will find that there is about 8 oz. of 30wt. oil. i believe the drain plug is on the drivers side, so jack up the pass. side and let it drain, then, jack up the drivers side and replace the 30wt. oil (8 oz.) in the drain plug and you should here less noise
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
cuzky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I put 40 oz. in my ez go
cuzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

freaked me out too, but thats what manual says. dosent seem to be enough for the rear end, just enough for the gears to pick up and splash around
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
jason101
Not Yet Wild

ok i will try that this weekend, i am trying to find out where the fill plug is, i haven't been able to find it anywhere.. i checked where the motor is , and even under the motor housing and haven't found anything, i guess if worse comes to worse i will take the rearend out and put the oil in where i drain it... like i said if all else fails that will be the last alternative... thanks for the help i appreciate it , jason
jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #6
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Like divot said, the drain plug is also the fill plug.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #7
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

on an ego txt you need to drop the diff pan, to fill it up, then you can get in there a clean out all the sludge, and the use some atv silicon to seal it back up, I fill the diff oil up just past the plug,
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:27 AM   #8
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

It's not a drain plug, it is in fact the fill plug. Drop the pan as bhfear has stated.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO