lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Duromax carb question

I am putting a 16 HP Duromax in my other G-9. As SHO so elequently illustrated the carb/airbox is a nightmare! I have a few Mikuni carbs lying around. I could mount them with an air filter pretty easily if I could remove the carb spacer. Is it nessesary to have a spacer?
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Duromax carb question

It keeps the carb from getting too hot, if you use a hose to mount a different type carb you don't need it. They sell intakes for that at AGK and others, but they are billet and not free if you hear me lol. I'm trying to find an intake that turns, they make one for the 6.5hp but not sure it fits GX390. You can also make one out of a lower radiator hose with the wire in it, just have to mount the carb then. See that on tips at AGK. Otherwise I will make an intake from scratch.

Still working on this, looking for easier/cheaper way. Far as I got was to buy the following intake and cut the flange off it. Drill the flange to fit the head, then weld the elbow back on at the correct angle to face carb to rear. But, I don't know if this intake is the right size or how much modding it will need to do this. The hole in the clone spacer is 29mm and bolts are 52mm centers but they are offset. I can't weld alum so I was looking for other options, didn't have time to price the weld local. If the flange is off too far I would still have to make another or weld this one up to fit proper clone bolt holes.
http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Pr...S+2430mm+.aspx
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!