lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
docbuckeye
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 95 G14 Electrical Issues

I have a 95 G14 gas, it is having starting issues...I am new to these carts...sometimes it will turn over and crank and start other times nothing...I replaced a bad ignition relay...when it does not crank over the red/white wire from the pedal to the relay and the ground wire on the relay show no volts, therefore no cranking, however if I measure volts from r/w wire on relay to the battery gnd it shows 12 volts but nothing if measure to gnd on relay...and if you shake around the wire harness it will crank sometimes...I was wondering if this is possible to be bad wiring harness or something else...how can u tell if the ignitor is bad?

Thnks
docbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
cart de golf
Gone Wild

Default Re: 95 G14 Electrical Issues

try a good battery first 90% of time responsible for starting problems

make sure the fuse on top of the selenoid is good

you can find the wiring diagram here in the owners manual section

http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/partsan...e/default.aspx
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
milehighbj
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 95 G14 Electrical Issues

doc,

Let me know if you find you need G14 electrical parts, I have an ignitor and wiring harness I bought for my G14 before I realized it had a G9 engine in it. They have never been used...factory Yamaha parts that I will sell to you for less than the internet or a Yammy dealer. Good luck!

B.J.
milehighbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha