lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2021, 12:19 PM   #51
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: How to get a smoother ride in a G29?

On another suspension subject, I wish that the front suspension on the G29 had camber adjustment. Mine has too much camber and it wears the fronts unevenly. Only adjustment is the Toe. To reduce this uneven wear, I will have to swap the fronts and rears periodically. I did adjust the Toe and it drives fine but it isn't a race car and it doesn't need lots of camber. :-)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2022, 09:39 PM   #52
Acausing
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Just throwing this out there, as I don't do a ton with Yamaha's and am not 100% familiar with the G29 rear end, but here's a shot of a G22 That we softened up with a set of Nitrogen Coilovers that I found for just under $100 on Ebay:

Attachment 144508

The preload was a bit lighter than stock so to compensate we went with a set that was about 2" longer than the stock shocks, eye-to-eye - installed they settled to a height about .75" higher than stock but the ride was night and day softer and being a progressive spring stayed stable in the corners (that cart had the full Plowmans treatment and gears so it ran 38+ all day long). If I recall the shocks were load-rated at 450lbs each, we tried a few sets before we settled on the ones we actually used. Here's a shot of the shocks next to the stock ones as well as a pic of the cart to show the difference in ride height (hard to tell without the body on but should give You an idea)

Attachment 144510

Attachment 144509

Hi all, I know this is an older thread but how do you think this setup would be on a g29 electric? I found the ones on EBay rated to 650lbs. I’m tempted to try it. Really it’s the only think I don’t like about the cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Acausing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 05:09 AM   #53
Just347
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: How to get a smoother ride in a G29?

I have the 2013 G29 but mines a Gas cart and it’s definitely a rough rider in the woods, have you found any solution to your shocks/rough ride problem?
Just347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 07:47 AM   #54
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

so I know its not the same thing but I lifted an old g2 years ago for my dad and used these adjustable coil overs sold for a vw https://www.ebay.com/itm/17344702929...Cclp%3A2047675
Maybe you can find something similar and adjustable that will work.
Even though they were designed for a car (a very light front end of a rear engine air cooled vw) They actually softened the front end ride vs the stock shocks. the adjustable length on these is fairly limited so ymmv but I figured Id mention it. especially for those who might have a cheaper spacer lift installed now. these eliminated having to relocate the top shock mounts on the g2.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha