lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Talking long travel 2 stroke polaris cart

I just bought this golf cart last week from a guy that said it needed a clutch and a battery and its good to go...... I bought and rebuilt The same polaris scrambler 400 2 stroke motor a few weeks ago thinking I would build a cart with it.

I bought it took it home and took the broken clutch off it and fired it up. Ran good even though it was sitting for 3 years??? Started leaking water and found out it needed a water pump seal. So I pulled the motor and am in the process of putting my rebuilt motor back in. I got the motor out and switched the ingition/stator wiring from both motors so mine would just all clip right in.
I'm going to try and put my motor back in tomorrow and try and drive it sat????
Wish me luck......

I tried to load pics but can't from my phone ill post tonight
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: long travel 2 stroke polaris cart

pics....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-01-13_13-30-23_931.jpg (74.5 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-01-13_13-30-51_618.jpg (69.7 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-01-13_13-31-05_217.jpg (74.3 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-01-13_13-31-14_701.jpg (69.8 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-01-13_13-31-24_904.jpg (80.9 KB, 148 views)
Old 01-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
KoogarKiller
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Nice Blake! I saw that one on there for a little while.. I was actually thinkin that was the one you got on the deal that fell threw last time.

The rear is set up just like mine... Nice shocks on that there already too!

Let me know how it handles!
KoogarKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:46 AM   #4
CC Ninja Powered
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Nice! I belong out west. I have had 2 long travel sandrails and any time I see custon long travel work I want it.
CC Ninja Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I got it all together Friday night and finished it off sat morning. Drove it and we clocked 54mph on the gps on a rough road and the suspension sucked up everything I gave it!

I found out the motor that was in it was a very very built motor. Port and polish work bored out carb off a cr 500 big pipe v force reeds. the guy that built the motor said it was almost double stock? Stock is 38hp. So ill run mine for a while and end up rebuilding the top end on the "race" motor and put it in then.

But it handles great geno. I'm sure ill flip it sometime but it does a good job and should be a blast at the dunes. Glamis this weekend???
Old 01-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
KoogarKiller
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I just got the new rear end in and hard tacked today! Its coming together but Im looking at Presidents Weekend before I take mine out for a maiden voyage...

Sounds like a rocket mang! Put some suspension seats and harnesses in that thing asap!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So man this thing is putting me to work!!!!!

Ran great on sat and sunday. until all the sudden the posi rear end went limited slip on me........... so i pulled it in the shop and tore it apart to find that i blew up the carrier for the spider gears. then I thought back to all the turning corners on the road and gassing it to slide it out sideways......and then goes the rear end......

the fuel pump setup was a little different because the motor had a port in the crank case that they drilled and welded in to pump air into a mechanical fuel pump. the cr 500 carb they have on it (which is what i used on my motor) is missing the float and has an extra tube installed in the bowl of the carb and looks like a return to the tank??????

since i have no crank case vent to run the pump i bought a cheap electric pump and regulator and ran it........ since the carb has no float it just over fills and over fills.

so to drive it i would fill the carb turn the pump off and fill as needed..... talk about redneck! but it worked to just drive it and check everything out...

so i ordered a new cr500 carb today and found a gas rear end with bad gears in it, i will check it out and see if the carrier is good???????

here is a pic with a st front cowl just on it for show, i will probly put it on when everything is mechanically right!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart.jpg (76.7 KB, 78 views)
Old 01-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoogarKiller View Post
I just got the new rear end in and hard tacked today! Its coming together but Im looking at Presidents Weekend before I take mine out for a maiden voyage...

Sounds like a rocket mang! Put some suspension seats and harnesses in that thing asap!
well weld that beotch and lets go to the dunes! if i get everything done in time i will get some video of it out there
Old 01-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #9
KoogarKiller
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbmfpeterson View Post
well weld that beotch and lets go to the dunes! if i get everything done in time i will get some video of it out there
My Limited Slip Kit is showing up tomorrow

I think welding these rear ends up is just too much for em ... Im already afraid that I will toast the Alum rear hubs that come with the brake kit. One hub came half way tapped so I had to finish tapping it.. it tapped almost a lil too easy

I think the friction pack kit is a good trade off between traction and breakage... I will have to drive it to know fer sure.

I dont wanna take it out without a cage.. If I wrecked the spensive PRP seat, fuel tank & myself it would just set me back another month or 2....
Cant wait to run em down the drags tho! 2 Badass Carts gettin her done out there 2 stroke style Will make for some badass videos
Old 01-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #10
squeek2oo1
Gone Wild

Club Car

is the front suspension custom built or off a atv?
squeek2oo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps