lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Camo Wrap

Can anyone tell me that has completed a cart lately how many square feet of Camo wrap it takes to cover a 2006 EZGO PDS cart? I believe by looking around here 40 sq. ft should be fine, just want to make sure before I purchase it.
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
Gallows
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Camo Wrap

I just finished my winter project. It was a 05 Ezgo PDS. I wrapped it in Mossy Oak breakup. It took 2 sheets and I had a little left over. Just a suggestion, have somebody with experiance wrap your cart. It is very hard to keep wrinkles out. I have done several of these over the past few winter. Finally I have done one I plan on keeping. Good luck!!
Gallows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
Gallows
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

You can check out the finished, wrinkle free hunting cart I just finished in my profile.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Can you tell me the size of the sheets?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

How do you like your PDS for a hunting cart? What modifications have you done? ie. Battery cables, controller? How is the torque, I have heard negative things about jacking up a PDS cart. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
Gallows
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am thinking that it was the standard sheets that you can buy. I will have to check with the guy I got them from to be sure. But, I will be happy to find out for you. As for the PDS cart. It is just fine with the 6" Jakes kit that I put on. I have had no problems with it at all. I have climbed some very steep and long hills with two poeple in it without any problems. the only changes that I have made on the cart are. I have switched out the chip( or what most people call the chip) to the one for hills. It gave it a lot more torqe for climbing. The speed chip was great for going fast, but, most people dont know that an electric cart will over heat. I found that out when I was creeping around the woods. Mossy Oak Camo, fender flares, front cargo basket, heavy duty cables, state of charge meter and a skid plate over the rear end and a floor mount removable gun rack. I will change out the rear end next for more torqe. It is perfect for hunting now. I have been in some very nasty stuff and have not gotten stuck to my suprize!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info, it would be greatly appreciated if you could find out about the wrap. Also what chip are you using? is it the freedom chip with two red wires? Please explain the chips in more detail. Did upgrading the cables seem to make a noticeable difference in torque? By the way that is a nice looking cart, that is what I am looking to do for a hunting cart in Alabama.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
Gallows
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I made the call to the guy i got the wrap from. It was two 4x5 sheets. So...40sq foot. I will have to look at the chips to tell the differance. I cant remember off the top of my head. I know one is blue and one is red. I think that I put the blue one in the controller box ( the box with the tow switch ). I really cant tell the differance in torqe. That is why I will change out the rear end when I get the chance. But overall, you cant beat the performance the way that I have it set up. If I could figure out how to post a picture I could show you a pic that tells it all. I use it all the time hunting. I have a new 500 foreman that I never use anymore. I also added a trailer hitch so I can haul out deer and turkey from the woods. That comes in handy. But, here is Arkansas, we dont have the size deer you do in Alabama!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #9
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So you have enough torque to climb moderate hills the way it is set up with the cable upgade?
Old 02-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #10
Gallows
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yes, the hills that I climb on our hunting lease are some of the biggest around. Im 6'3 270 and It hauls me and a buddy around with no problems. I would like to have more power, but it has worked out fine so far.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts