lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
pvancorenland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Best way to get 12V out of a 6x6V setup

What is the best way to hook up 12V equipment on a 36V cart. I know that you can just hook up 2 batteries and get 12V, but how much will that wear out these 2 batteries more than the other 4?

If you have multiple 12V devices (radio, fan, lights,...), would it be better to hook them up to separate 2x6V battery packs?
pvancorenland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best way to get 12V out of a 6x6V setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvancorenland View Post
What is the best way to hook up 12V equipment on a 36V cart. I know that you can just hook up 2 batteries and get 12V, but how much will that wear out these 2 batteries more than the other 4?

If you have multiple 12V devices (radio, fan, lights,...), would it be better to hook them up to separate 2x6V battery packs?
The easy way is to pick two batteries and tie to them. Spreading the load around the pack is a good idea, too. The BEST way is to purchase a voltage reducer that pulls juice out of all the pack and you have a 12 volt source without draining individual batteries

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I am going to tap two batteries for my 12v accessories and will monitor the individual battery voltages after a couple of rounds to see if those two batteries are measureably lower than the others. If the difference is small I will leave it that way if it is a large difference I would probably opt for a small lawn tractor/motorcycle 12 battery.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You could move the 12v leads around every month .... changing the draw from one pr to another...? Sooner or later you will tire of this chore and leave them. I have seen it lead to early pack death, repeated. I am sure others here have too

Get a good voltage reducer and be done with it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You could move the 12v leads around every month .... changing the draw from one pr to another...? Sooner or later you will tire of this chore and leave them. I have seen it lead to early pack death, repeated. I am sure others here have too

Get a good voltage reducer and be done with it
I second that Wait, I already did

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO