lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #21
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G9 rev limiter

Those should do pretty good off the road. You can lift just the back if you want to go taller. I wouldn't really go over 2 inches without lifting the front. My old G9 is actually 4 in the front and 6 in the back to accomodate 22's on the back. I used the tube box channel and L channel steel, cut a section, and installed it. The rear lift on these is basically shock extensions. I think there is a pic. somewhere here.

spriddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #22
YamahaG9
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Once i've put those tyres on the front aswell i'm gonna have a go at lifting it and il make sure to post some photos of my progress! I do a lot of drifting and sometimes get pretty close to tipping so would lifting it make it too unstable? Would wheel spacers help stop it tipping?
YamahaG9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #23
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

The higher you go the more unstable it will become. The good thing is that G9's are a lot more stable than the G16's up due to frame design. I highly recommend the aluminum wheel spacers. I have some on the back only on my G9. I use my cart to pull a 44" bush hog and go places my tractor will not or places that are too dangerous for the tractor.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #24
YamahaG9
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Yeh my friend has a G16 and it tips all the time! May not lift it too high then and will make sure to put in some wheel spacers...
Old 04-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #25
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Be sure to go with the aluminum ones and not the studs. There are plenty that will disagree with me on this but I don't trust the strength of the stud extenders with any heavy off roading.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #26
YamahaG9
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ok aluminium it is then.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #27
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

There a little more expensive but well worth it. Be sure to keep wd40 or something on the studs.

Tags
engine damage, governor, rev limiter, speed increase, yamaha g9
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha