lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
Mls22611
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Duromax 16hp engine not starting

so I have a 16hp duromax clone in my cc ds and just yesterday it would start right up no problems whatsoever. Today I wake up and it will not start, it will turn over just fine it just won't start....I have literally no idea why this happened overnight....any ideas?
Mls22611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Duromax 16hp engine not starting

do you have spark and gas , also do you have a picture of you engine compartment I am working on a swap and a picture would help
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Mls22611
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a mikuni fuel pump.....brand new. Replaced all the gas lines and the vacuum line (which is puffing very gentle amounts of air). The gas will flow from the tank to the pump but then the fuel will not go thru the pump and come out the other end. Any ideas?
Mls22611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Is your tank near empty? If a pulse pump has to pump above the tank fuel and it loses prime they don't like to pump up. Could lose prime from an air leak someplace or you ran out of gas. If you take the fuel line off the carb it should pulse fuel out on the starter if working normally. Check your tank vents also. Yamaha carts for example recommend you fill the tank if you run them out of gas, that way the fuel is above the pump and it will gravity feed to prime the pump. You can very carefully pressurize the tank with air, like a couple pounds, to push the fuel through the pump and to the carb to get it primed. Dont' blow up the tank, it does not take much. I've done it by mouth lol, that is all it takes. But your pump could have a problem too, or the pulse is not good.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!