lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
pgilbert
Getting Wild
Club Car

Unhappy '86 CC DS Engine carriage for 16hp Duromax

On CPP i see they sell an engine mount bracket/carrier for both an EZGO and Yamaha for big blocks. My question is there anything out there for a CC? Otherwise I'm looking for ideas from folks, I do not have access to a Welder, will I just end up bending some brackets in the vice grip and bolting them to the frame? Is that a viable option?
pgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2011, 04:40 AM   #2
hookm
Younger Than Dirt

Club Car

Default Re: '86 CC DS Engine carriage for 16hp Duromax

You can use a bolt on mount,I did for 2 years.It was square bar I got from Lowes,used u bolts to attach.I changed it to get lower center of gravity.hookm
hookm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a big block in my cart that just uses the original engine mount plate. CC's do not require a new engine carrier for engine swaps. That's why CPP doesn't offer them. I asked at one point when deciding which direction to go on my cart.

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
pgilbert
Getting Wild
Club Car

That's great to hear the stock one can be used, except the cart i recently bought is missing the plate LOL.

Anyone know of where I can find one of these (red)? Hit several parts stores via google and could not locate one, or even get a name of the part.

Otherwise I was going to just run two metal bars (green) bolt them in, and then bolt in a plate over top of it (grey) and mount the engine to that. Is that feasible?

Old 07-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
hookm
Younger Than Dirt

Club Car

The metal bars is what I did but welded,you can bolt them in though.
hookm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:37 PM   #6
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah, looks like it would most likely work. If you end up wanting a factory plate I might know of a place where I could get one for you. I just bought a full body for mine from them a week or so ago. They have several old "parts carts", although I'd have to call them and see if they have the actual part sitting around. Or.... I could get you their number and you could call them and see what they have and what price to ship to you. Just a thought.
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
pgilbert
Getting Wild
Club Car

Talked with my Brother, he works for Stanley who bought out National builders hardware (what your local hardware stores normally carry) and was telling him what i was going to try to do, and he said he had a ton of metal bars / plates sitting in his garage as buybacks from local stores. So, looks i'll be taking the DIY approach.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!