lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
tenaciousj
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 16hp Duromax swap, need opinions on clutch

Was out riding last night and my stock 1989 G2 engine died. I was planning on swapping in a Duromax 16 this winter when I wouldn't be using it but I'm gonna have to jump on the swap now so I dont miss out on my summer driving.

The problem I have now is trying it figure out a clutch. My sister ended up with some Salsbury 500 clutch off ebay new for $150 which is suppose to be good up to 16hp but I cannot find it anywhere.

There is the CVTech which I've heard a lot of good things about but my dads friend has had issues initially getting his going that took him nearly a month to get resolved so I'm not so certain on this one right now.

Next clutch I came across is this Duster 94c. This look exactly like what I need except I'm not certain on the RPM engagement being at 1800RPM, I would imagine it would be a bit lower than that for the Duromax but I should be able to swap almost any spring into this later on if I need too right?

http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/206095A.html
tenaciousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2011, 04:34 AM   #2
tyrgy1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 16hp Duromax swap, need opinions on clutch

I did my swap about a month ago now. I went through the same thing. I was going to get the duster from mfgsupply but they were backordered and didn't know when they will get more. You'll want to call them to make sure they have it before you order. If I remember they were only $199 which isn't bad. I found a CVtech new on feebay for 300 and went with that. I had no problems. Slapped it on and the front wheels want to come up with only a 13hp engine.
tyrgy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:42 AM   #3
tenaciousj
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrgy1 View Post
I did my swap about a month ago now. I went through the same thing. I was going to get the duster from mfgsupply but they were backordered and didn't know when they will get more. You'll want to call them to make sure they have it before you order. If I remember they were only $199 which isn't bad. I found a CVtech new on feebay for 300 and went with that. I had no problems. Slapped it on and the front wheels want to come up with only a 13hp engine.
Yeah I'll give them a call and see what mfg supply says.

When you got the CVTech did you just bolt it on how it came and it was ready to go? If I go with that I really hope it dont give me the issues my dads friend had for $300.
tenaciousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:49 AM   #4
tyrgy1
Not Yet Wild

Zero issues bolted on and was riding
tyrgy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps