lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2021, 03:48 PM   #71
du3lcitiz3n
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Icon programming/speed limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyCart View Post
Advanced Lifted 4+2 LSV with 105 AH Li Batt. will be delivered in <30days. Downloaded software and have cable from ATrain/Amazon & CANUSB adapter arriving this week. Can't wait to try all learned from this thread and to post results. I'm very interested in key switch selector for LSV 25 mph to Off-Road 32+ mph.

Newbie first post. TommyCart
Where did you download the software from? I've tried several of the links posted previously, all to no avail.

*** Nevermind, it was a browser issue, I was using the BRAVE browser. Chrome worked with the link Atrain posted.
du3lcitiz3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2021, 07:17 PM   #72
mikedivincent
Not Yet Wild

So I bought all the cables, and since I’m an apple guy, I need to buy a windows computer. Went to Best Buy, and learned there are “S” versions for ~$300 where they say you can’t download anything outside the windows store and non-s for ~$700 where you can. I’m assuming the program we need is not in the windows store.

Windows people - does this make sense??
mikedivincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 09:21 PM   #73
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedivincent View Post
So I bought all the cables, and since I’m an apple guy, I need to buy a windows computer. Went to Best Buy, and learned there are “S” versions for ~$300 where they say you can’t download anything outside the windows store and non-s for ~$700 where you can. I’m assuming the program we need is not in the windows store.

Windows people - does this make sense??
Just switch out of "S mode", it's free.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-031bfb28a307
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:34 AM   #74
clickthroughtech
Not Yet Wild

Looking for someone in NJ who can help program my ICON Golf Cart to go faster?!
clickthroughtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:30 AM   #75
TommyCart
Not Yet Wild

Is anyone working on or figured out how to do key switch speed selector for LSV 25 mph to Off-Road 32+ mph?
TommyCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 12:37 AM   #76
TheZone
Not Yet Wild

My batteries were changed out from six 8 volt batteries to eight 6 volt batteries. The cart max speed was 28 and with the switch it’s now 30. I did have Trojan batteries but now they put in Motor Start. Is that a good brand?
TheZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:12 PM   #77
jmyork
Not Yet Wild

I have downloaded the programming software, just now waiting for the parts to make my cable.
jmyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 06:32 AM   #78
TommyCart
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZone View Post
My batteries were changed out from six 8 volt batteries to eight 6 volt batteries. The cart max speed was 28 and with the switch it’s now 30. I did have Trojan batteries but now they put in Motor Start. Is that a good brand?
Some might call foul, but even though voltage may be similar, you may have more capacity to draw from. Extra density of 2 more batteries might be an explanation.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:26 PM   #79
TommyCart
Not Yet Wild

Short How to program video from ICON:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KspbskVgpwc

Has anybody posted successful program files?
Old 06-14-2021, 09:40 AM   #80
bmcwhirt
Not Yet Wild

I have successfully made my own programming cable and made a few changes to the settings. I changed fwd speed to 6000 and fwd accel rate down to 6. The cart has quite a bit more acceleration from a dead stop and I top out right at 30mph on the speedo. I noticed in that programming video that some of the settings were different than on my cart so I'm going to go back tonight and review the video compared to what was set from the factory on mine just to see what differences there are. I still want to add some more regen since my cart tends to coast more than I'd like when you let off the throttle.
bmcwhirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon