lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2020, 08:05 PM   #11
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2020 Icon I40L Review

[quote=ATrain;1753693]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartsRFun View Post

My battery guy told me that he'd had people come back with issues with AGM batteries for some reason.
Your battery guy was probably unaware of the following...

AGMs require careful charging...example the Lester Summitt II 650 charger
that came with my Sirius would repeatedly over and over keep my previous
set of agms on 68 volt 20 minute long charging cycles and never shut off...and this while using the 22259 agm profile...and thus destroying that agm battery pack.

All that within 6 months...bad show..!!

To Performance carts credit they came through for me and gave me credit for
my 1st set of agms...

Enter my new agms and along with them the dual pro Eagle Pro charger...
the local Crown and Dual Pro rep got together with Crown and came up with
a profile specific for the Crown1 AGM....

A whole new ballgame...my current agms are about to turn 1 year old..
and wow they are performing my rep said they would...

The charger and how it's charging profile is programmed makes all the difference....

Between my 2 carts my agms have ridden me around over 3000 mile so far..
with no hiccups...meeting my expectations....

Happy cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2020, 12:13 PM   #12
Skulkingghost
Not Yet Wild

Updating my review now that I re-aligned the cart. Still have some rubbing on the back skirts but seems to be getting better. I really want to edit the RPMs to take it to 30 with a bit more acceleration, thinking of building a cable like ATrain.

Overview:
I'm going to steal the Doug Score to rate the cart out of 10:

Overall: 82.5/100
Styling: 9/10
Acceleration: 7/10
Handling: 8.5/10
Fun Factor: 9/10
Cool Factor: 9/10
Features: 8/10
Comfort: 8/10
Quality: 8/10
Practicality: 7/10
Value: 9/10
Skulkingghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:30 PM   #13
smwolf
Not Yet Wild

ATrain,

I just got a 2020 i40L. How did you edit the *.xml configuration file to increase the rpms? Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
Very nice!!

My 2020 i40L came with 6 Trojan T-105 batteries, interesting yours have the Crown CR-165's. I'm curious if it's the dealer's responsibility to install batteries or something and they just chose a cheaper brand?

I just looked at the motor placard and saw the 2935 rpm lol. I've had mine going at 6800 (34mph) for about a month now. If you hit 25mph, yours is set at 5000 RPM. The MPH is pegged to RPM, just multiple max MPH by 200 to get RPM.

I think these things should stock come out at least 6000 rpm stock...30-32mph is a pretty good sweet spot, too bad they don't because of various state laws saying max 25mph.

The software has a soft-limit of 6000rpm, so that's what they consider "max safe", but I've been told by the factory they've had them running around the shop at 10k RPM. I would NOT recommend that fast though as these things need upgraded suspension and street tires to even have a chance at safely driving at that speed. I just edited the *.xml configuration file that the software uses for the "limits" and raised the limit to do it.
smwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:16 PM   #14
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwolf View Post
ATrain,

I just got a 2020 i40L. How did you edit the *.xml configuration file to increase the rpms? Thanks in advance
Unfortunately, you have to have the software, which is proprietary, then it's easy.

I'm not able to share it at this point in time.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #15
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

How many miles do you get on a full charge running around town?
thelandposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:00 AM   #16
du3lcitiz3n
Not Yet Wild

Great review, it helped me decide to get the 2021 i40L. The red is nice. I got a white one. My only complaint so far is that the headlights are really high on the lifted carts from the factory. I took my fenders off tonight and busted into the wheel well to adjust the knobs, not much room to turn them. I managed to lower them a bit, the right side dropped further than the drivers side. I couldn't quite get them as low as I wanted. So it looks like I'll continue to blind my neighbors at night while driving around my hood. I am in the process of making a cable and got the software too, so I'll be messing around with the tune. Dealer upped my RPM's to 7000, and on the lifted carts with the off-road tires it's too sketchy for me to let my kids or wife drive it. Plus my neighborhood speed limit is 25 mph and on the longest straight away in my neighborhood (not very long) I hit over 30 mph.
du3lcitiz3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:59 PM   #17
jmyork
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the thorough review. Helped me decide to purchase an I40L this weekend.
jmyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 02:56 AM   #18
drrogers
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys, these detailed icon golf cart reviews made me more clear on my next i40l purchase. My personal favorite things in the icon cart are the looks and the handling.
drrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon