lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2021, 05:51 PM   #11
3doghouse
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hyundia HGG1 engine upgrade

If the trigger works, you might be able to use cheap and easy to find hei components. I'm not familiar with the Hyundai setup, but if the trigger works and the box doesn't, this might help:

buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=36840
3doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2021, 10:06 AM   #12
Hotrod Hyundai
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthey View Post
Hi all! New to the forums here!
I joined because I'm also working on a Hyundai HGG-1 with the Suzuki V270G engine. I have low/no spark and am struggling to find a replacement CDI. Is it possible that someone here has one for sale, or can offer an appropriate alternative? I've seen mention of the Yamaha parts being similar but I'm not sure what model number I would need to look for. If there truly is a kit that people are using to convert/upgrade I'd be happy to consider that as well.
I'm no stranger to auto repair, but this is my first foray into cart repair so any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!
I know this is an older thread, but I have some information regarding the installation of a 420 Predator into a Hyundai hgg1 cart that I'd like to pass along
. I stacked some bar stock under my Predator 420 mounting flanges, did a little grinding on the clutch side front corner of cradle for clearance, modified the cradle tensioner with an eye bolt instead of the cable, and the 420 dropped right in. No kit. No additional parts. Used the same belt, foot throttle cable, same bolt holes, and original bolts. I've been running the modified 420 hemi Predator in my Hyundai cart for over two years now. I have photos but have no idea how to post them.
Hotrod Hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:42 PM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod Hyundai View Post
I have photos but have no idea how to post them.
To post photos you must have a minimum number of posts to unlock that feature, under 10 posts iirc. Photos are always helpful and appreciated.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 07:59 PM   #14
andyjohnston
Not Yet Wild

I would greatly appreciate any images of your upgrade using the Predator engine. I just purchased the Predator 420 based upon your recommendation, and will be working on installing it on my Hyundai HGG-1 in the coming weeks. Wish me luck! My email address is andyjohnston2 at gmail dot com in case you are able to email me photos of your upgraded HGG-1. Thanks!
andyjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vegascarts, yamaha g2-g9
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!