lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

View Poll Results: Do you think this will be an easy build?
No your crazy 0 0%
Maybe but its nutty 1 25.00%
Difficult but possible 3 75.00%
Eazy as cake 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
steelscorpion1
Not Yet Wild

Default Mystery cart first lift/ cart project

Ok so I started this thread in the gas golf cart section. For a quick recap here is what has transpired. I traded for a red golf cart with a honda engine. No one knows what it is. I then bought a 1997 EZGO workhorse with a frankenstein lift on it that is incomplete. I am currently working on both projects. The ezgo has a working robbins engine and I have decided to keep that one together and just fix it up. I have to figure out the steering linkage but I am keeping that thread in the EZGO section for now. This is the start of building a custom lift with very little skill and no experience for a golf cart that no one knows what it is. To top it off I have decided to replace the engine with the snowmobile one. Might as well jump in all the way right? I hope everyone will be there for emotional support. For starters I have removed the honda engine and the rear body so I can see the axle I am working with. It has two u joints and I think i can lift it by simply placing a spacer in the center of the spring to lift the body. Here are the pics. Check my links in the gas section to see the cart before i began to deconstruct.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steelsc...7627050235197/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf car rebuild2.jpg (168.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg golf car rebuild1.jpg (223.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg golf car rebuild3.jpg (181.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg golf car rebuild4.jpg (178.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg golf car rebuild5.jpg (141.4 KB, 29 views)
steelscorpion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

Default Re: Mystery cart first lift/ cart project

Looks like you may have to relocate your upper shock mounts as well. That independant rear end is pretty cool though. If the rear has links you may want to consider relocating the mounts at the chassis to keep the geometry the same too.

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I will be watching this build. Heres an idea.......
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
steelscorpion1
Not Yet Wild

Nice KC. I like the thought process. I might not be able to go as uptown as what you have but you have my mind thinking new directions. I am now looking for some coilover shocks and will see about fabing some mounts or using the old ones if the geometry stays close. The body lift should be easy enough as this cart has a central mounting point on the leaf spring. I think a spacer with longer bolts would do the trick. Installing some coilover shocks in addition should help as well. I found out this cart is a 88-89 shuttlecraft. Everything will have to be custom. Now I have to figure out the front end.
steelscorpion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts