lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Electric Precedent Stereo Project has begun

I had some nay-sayers about the speaker location but I believe my stereo and speaker install is going to work. Rather than using an overhead console, and since there are no dash kits on the market for the precedent that have spots for a radio and/or speakers, I decided to install my speakers under the seat on either side of the f/r switch. I will be installing the stereo inside the dash using a universal underdash install kit which amounts to a plastic box designed to fit a DIN style radio and then screw/bolt to the underside of something.

I got started today and will update this thread as I go. Don't have but one pic yet but can add more if interested. I am using marine grade components including a set of shallow top mount 6.5" Polk Audio marine speakers and a Kenwood AM/FM/Stereo with aux and usb inputs.

To install the speakers, I created a center line using the bolts on the left and ride side that attach the body and the battery bay together. Behind these bolts is a channel that gives the most clearance behind the speakers. I used one of the 6.5" to 6.75" adapters that came with the speakers to mark my hole and then cut out the hole using a dremmel tool with cutting attachment that resembles a drill bit. After cutting the hole in the body, I had to notch out a small area on either side of the channel in the battery bay to get complete clearance for the speaker magnets. I removed the bolts that hold the floormat and the right side of the kick plate in place and removed the floormat and pulled the kick plate out enough to route my speaker wires. I ran the speaker wire through the channel in the floor on the right side and up behind the dash with the other wiring. I put everything back together after getting the speakers hooked up and secured. Here is what they look like now.

Will be working on the head unit install later this week. More to come.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: Electric Precedent Stereo Project has begun

Doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in this project so I'll spare the details. PM me if you find this later on and want some help doing it yourself. Here is a pic of how the head unit looks mounted up. Ran wires between front cowl and underbody, mounted a hidden antenna in there as well. Turned out nice and clean.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
JG!
Gone Wild

do you have more pics of the speakers installation, maybe some of the back side.
JG! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Just this one for now. You can see the channel in the battery bay I described - marked by the bolt that fastens the body and battery bay together. And this shows how I notched each side of that channel to allow full clearance for the speaker magnets. These are shallow mount speakers but some a little deeper should also fit without having to cut a complete hole in the battery bay.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
XRT
Gone Wild

Club Car

Could have kept all of this in one thread..
People find this very annoying and inconvenient.
XRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #6
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRT View Post
Could have kept all of this in one thread..
People find this very annoying and inconvenient.
Don't hear any "people" complaining but you. But there is so much traffic in these threads, I can see your point - NOT!

My intent with a new thread was to start a DIY. But since nobody showed any interest in the first post, I decided not to waste my time with more pix and details. Now, I'm REALLY glad I didn't.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
xpjumper
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the post.
xpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
ColdBeer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'm glad you posted this thread... I've been lurkin' here for a while and hadn't seen any posts dealin' with the location you chose on a CC Precedent. I'm toying with the same idea for my CC Precedent ('07 with a 2010 body). How is the sound quality? I'm thinking of adding a pair of 6x9's between the front and back seats too.
ColdBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
kipg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a precedent with a pair of Alpine 7" marine mounted between the front and rear seat and love it. Size was perfect fit on that black plastic piece and sound is excellent for front and rear passengers.
kipg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #10
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Thats where I have my speakers installed on my ezgo. Works great for me! Lookin good!
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides