lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default where to get leaf spring bushing?

I am trying to get my Taylor Dunn flatbed ready to take to the campgrounds.I am swapping it over to disc brakes on the front.When I jacked it up and was starting to pull the spindles off.I noticed that the bushing is gone on the front spring eye.Heck it was halfway worn through the bolt.I could order one through TD ,but i need it back together by tomorrow.Can I go to napa and give'm the dimensions?Or if that won't work what can i use in a pinch to get me through the weekend?
jackel440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

Default Re: where to get leaf spring bushing?

Where are you located?
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I am in Indiana. Didn't get a chance to hit a napa store today with the spring eye dimensions.I have to put it together tonight .I think i have some 1/4"sheet rubber in the shop.I might try and roll a piece and shove it in the eye.That way I can get it back together to use for the weekend.I think I will end up replacing all of the bushings though as the others look rotted.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

Sorry can't help as i am in TX. I had a couple good used ones i was gonna offer if you were close. Wonder if you had a wood dowl and then wrapped the rubber around it and stuck it in there for temporary use. Well just a thought,goodluck and have fun this weekend.
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:19 AM   #5
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Well I was up all night fixing the suspension and swapping disc brakes onto the front end of it.I haven't pulled an all nighter like this in a long time.
I ended up using a rubber hose that was 1/2" ID and wrapped a layer of tape around the hose and pushed it in the spring eye.Worked out really good.Changed out a bad tie rod end and also flipped the shackles to lower the front end back down.Drives really well.Gonna try and finnish my speaker mounts before we leave for the camp ground.I will wire those up when i get out there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts