lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
baronske
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G9 Questions - Help

I have a 1992 G9 Gas Golf Cart. I have been putting batteries in and it just eats them up, seems to not be charging. Is there a way to test this? What should I look for?

Also, what battery should I be putting in it, any special 12v?

Thanks for the help!!

Baron
baronske is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Questions - Help

I kept this, courtesy of smallblock450sl, should help....

Your G14 starting circuit is...the battery/fuse/key switch/accelerator micro switch/solenoid and starter. I "my self" first use a volt meter to check the battery when the accelrator pedal is pushed. If it drops below 10 volts, it cant complete the circuits to "energize" the solenoid and start the engine turning over on the compression stroke. My advice would be to....use a volt meter, put the + lead onto the battery and the - lead onto the "small black wire" on the solenoid. Is there battery voltage (12+ volts) ? If no you have a ground problem. Next put the - lead on to battery ground and the + lead on the solenoid "small red wire" and push on the accelerator. Is there 12 volts+ ? If not could be the fuse,key switch ,wire harness or the accelerator micro switch. Now if there is 12 volts ground and 12 volts when your accelerator pedal is pushed..you should hear a"click" from the solenoid activating. I'm sorry to say..just because you hear a click..it does not mean your solenoid is letting "current flow" thru the solenoid (big 2 terminals). If you hear a click..put your volt meter - lead on -battery terminal, the battery 12 volt + lead goes to one of the large terminals of the solenoid, put the + lead on the other big terminal of the solenoid and push on the solenoid (a click?) and see if you have a 12+ reading, if so a starter/generator problem. If you know how to use a volt meter you could check this out in 2 minutes. Sorry it took so long for me to post. Please let us know your findings.....If your still looking at this. With your findings we can even narrow it down further. Good luck Dave
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Questions - Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronske View Post
I have a 1992 G9 Gas Golf Cart. I have been putting batteries in and it just eats them up, seems to not be charging. Is there a way to test this? What should I look for?

Also, what battery should I be putting in it, any special 12v?

Thanks for the help!!

Baron
Battery...group 24 with at least 600 cca's. Disconect red and green wire comeing out of starter feild coil, should read 5 ohms (+/- 10%). check continuity (at the voltage regulator connection) should have continuity on red and green wires from starter. Check continuity on black (ground) wire. If all checks good...you'll need a new voltage regulator. Should read 14.5 to 15.5 volts when the engine is rev'd up. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha