lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2017, 07:13 PM   #1
matthewsmith8923
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 96 club car ds solenoid wont click and cart wont move unless you jump solenoid

I have a 96z club car 48v ds. I got this car and it was not running. It has brand new batteries ,new solenoid, new microswitches all 3 on foeward reverse switch and a new miceo switch on the accelerator. The solenoid isnt getting energized to move the cart. The cart will drive if i jump the solenoid posts. I also bypassed the obc by wiring black wire from charging port to number 6 battery negative. Im not sure if that part is right. When i press the pedal the microswitch clicks and the cart tries to move but nothing. Im about to lose my mind. Any help would be appreciated..thanks
matthewsmith8923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2017, 07:36 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 96 club car ds solenoid wont click and cart wont move unless you jump solenoid

Have you tested the positive activation wire at the solenoid for 48v's? If not, you need to. And make sure you are getting the negative ground. (These are the two small posts)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
crash test dummy

Default Re: 96 club car ds solenoid wont click and cart wont move unless you jump solenoid

OBC bypass has nothing to do with cart movement

JACK UP CART AND PLACE ON JACK STANDS FOR ANY TESTING
test solenoid

try bypassing the key switch see if it goes

no ?? then jump the accelerator micro-switch and see i it goes

no ??? try the micro switches in the f/r switch
Old 08-14-2017, 08:07 PM   #4
matthewsmith8923
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ive put a new key switch on and have all brand new micro switches. What color is the positive action wire? Yellow?
Old 08-14-2017, 09:13 PM   #5
crash test dummy

here is the factory colors

Old 08-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #6
matthewsmith8923
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have 51 volts at the small teminals when pedal is engaged the cart still wont move unless i jump the solenoid
Old 08-15-2017, 05:39 PM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewsmith8923 View Post
I have 51 volts at the small teminals when pedal is engaged the cart still wont move unless i jump the solenoid
Have you actually tried changing the solenoid? I mean if it works if you bypass it, sounds like it's bad.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:36 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Have you actually tried changing the solenoid? I mean if it works if you bypass it, sounds like it's bad.
Bump!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:10 PM   #9
matthewsmith8923
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes the cart came with 1 extra solenoid. It still did the same and i bought a brand new solenoid from buggiesunlimited
Old 08-23-2017, 08:10 PM   #10
matthewsmith8923
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

does anyone have any thoughts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car