lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2020, 03:17 PM   #1
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default DS brake cables - OEM or aftermarket???

My brakes suck. I just replaced the pads and I cant even adjust my cables to get any decent return. If you look at where both cables connect to go to the pedal. the passenger side has a lot more pressure on it, and the connecting piece doesn't sit even. its pulled toward the passenger side. its a 24 year old cart so I am expecting them to be bound up.

Do I need to order OEM cables? there are lots of $60 per cable options, or there are a set of cables for $60, does it matter? seeing stens alot, also seeing cheap unknowns. they all look the same and it is extremely flat where I live. No hills, no mountains, just needing to stop on flat ground.
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DS brake cables - OEM or aftermarket???

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
My brakes suck. I just replaced the pads and I cant even adjust my cables to get any decent return. If you look at where both cables connect to go to the pedal. the passenger side has a lot more pressure on it, and the connecting piece doesn't sit even. its pulled toward the passenger side. its a 24 year old cart so I am expecting them to be bound up.

Do I need to order OEM cables? there are lots of $60 per cable options, or there are a set of cables for $60, does it matter? seeing stens alot, also seeing cheap unknowns. they all look the same and it is extremely flat where I live. No hills, no mountains, just needing to stop on flat ground.
I've had no issues with these Chinese made ones, yet. In fact, I just installed a set about an hour ago, they fit great.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:12 AM   #3
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
I've had no issues with these Chinese made ones, yet. In fact, I just installed a set about an hour ago, they fit great.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am seeing part number 1011403 in the manual for my cart, i think the ones you linked to are for year 2000+ but I am going to look for another set for a similar price though
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:50 AM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
I am seeing part number 1011403 in the manual for my cart, i think the ones you linked to are for year 2000+ but I am going to look for another set for a similar price though
Yes, it looks like your cart is pre 2000 and are a different style. Search amazon with your part number and you get these

https://www.amazon.com/10L0L-1981-19...g-goods&sr=1-1
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car