lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2020, 07:17 PM   #1
redtide361
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Yamaha g22 won't shift into gear.

can't get it to shift into gear stuck in neutral and I noticed the shift linkage was stripped on the piece to the cables not the shift shaft. I got on the shift shaft and couldn't move it more then 1/8 of a inch in either way. Cw or ccw. If anyone has any ideas to try before I take it all apart and look inside ?
Thanks for taking time to read this. I'm very appreciative for all the knowledge that is shared on this site.
redtide361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
redtide361
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha g22 won't shift into gear.

I've tried searching post but the search node on this website isn't allowing for me to type in the search on my S9 active
Old 10-21-2020, 01:38 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sounds like it's time to tear into it. I been in many, so I'll help. Cant turn linkage is bad. But, you do realize there is a "detent" to click it into gear, right. The shaft should turn about 1/8 of a turn in either direction, and should "click in". Have you pulled the rear cover off to find all the metal shavings yet?

Wait, I just noticed this crosses over into a different thread we were in. Please get me more details before you tear it apart. A pic or 2 would be really great.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:07 AM   #4
redtide361
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok so I tore into the transmission and axle. It had been flooded in Salt water. I cleaned it up real good and I have a part cleaning system sand blasters grinders etc. I cant seem to find the secondary clutch shaft oil seal and bearings. Any help would be appreciated.i ordered new secondary clutch and a the shift cables with peice with spline. My was stripped. It wasn't stuck in neutral it was rusted in place. Literally had barnicals inside the shift shaft and selector. My terminology is not correct.
Old 11-15-2020, 01:14 AM   #5
redtide361
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It had been Parked in a yard that was flooded from hurricane Harvey and he didn't touch it. Until 8 months later and ya its named the blue barnacle. I tore the whole cart down stand blasted cleaned up motor, new carb, exhaust shocks. I cant find the front seat back support brackets. Please help.

Tags
gas, neutral, stuck, transmission, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha