lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
Purefireok
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Yamaha powered 2 in 1 project

Not sure if this should be in the Ezgo section or Yamaha section. So this is the current project. I think it may be an 875 series. It's Ezgo with what seems to be a G2 series motor. Unfortunately the ID plate has been painted over but the previous owner believes it is a 1990 model. The motor fortunately still had readable numbers J38 027593. Wiring needs TLC and I think the ignitor is bad at this point. But, I have a fully functioning 4 foot by 9 foot aluminum rollback wrecker bed and fabricating a skid type box to put on and off that will make it a fire engine, complete with a rooftop water cannon. I'm wanting to do the hei conversion to simplify things. I'll also be installing a fuse block as it seems there isn't one fed by an 8 gauge wire straight from the battery. Then all the led lights, winch and accessories will be fed straight from that. Also in search of a proper key switch as the current one is mangled and uses a screw driver for a key lol and may or may not be working right. Needless to say, my crazy @$$ stepped into a different world with this one 😂 Any info or tricks are greatly appreciated. I'll be using the wrecker version for all sorts of work and fun and the fire truck version for fun and shenanigans.

Attachment 205551
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200705_155005.jpg (369.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200705_155521.jpg (106.4 KB, 0 views)
Purefireok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha powered 2 in 1 project

Interesting, to say the least. Looks like it's been stuffed in the back pretty good.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 05:07 PM   #3
Purefireok
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

It came with the J38 motor in it, not sure if it's a swap or not. If this is an 875 model, the ezgo specs say they can carry 3,000 pounds. I was shocked. A guy I know with cart experience said it's definitely heavy duty underneath. It's definitely a mini beast
Old 07-08-2020, 02:25 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I've seen some taylor/dunn's with yami J38 motors, if I recall correctly, but never one labeled as an ezgo on the front (ezgo now owns taylor/dunn). Ezgo with a Yamaha motor would be considered blasphemy on both sides. Yamaha for the win on that one. I'd trade 2 gas ezgos for 1 gas yamaha. I might be biased, since I'm Yami certified, & have owned several G2/G9s. (I'm ezgo certified too, but their gas stuff isnt near a yamaha)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:55 AM   #5
Purefireok
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

I use to race yamarhammers in the dirt but never had a cart with a Yamaha motor. I've heard several a people say they beat the ezgo motors hands down. The wiring is a bit of a mess, but it's obvious it's been messed with. So, if the gm hei conversion works, I'm going to strip all the wiring from end to end and put a fuse block in and wire it all myself. I may be a glutton for punishment 😂

Tags
ezgo, j38, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha