lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2020, 08:49 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Speed Code vs. Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhrc51 View Post
When upgrading the controller and solenoid with stock motor, what kind of battery life should you expect before needing a charge? Or what kind of distance before a significant performance drop?
Less life than the smaller stock controller. There is no possible way to give an accurate answer to that question. I can add that if you drove it in a fashion that didnt accelerate or top out faster than stock, it would also consume battery at the same rate as stock. If you use that new power & speed you paid for, your batteries are going to deplete faster, theres no free lunch.

How much depends on just how hard your accelerating, your prior top speed vs new top speed, terrain, ect. You can see how no one could possibly guess an accurate answer to your quesrion.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #12
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks CGTech, that makes sense. Figured it would be a hard one to answer due to so many additional variables.

Here's another question- regarding wire upgrades, does it matter what type of wire is used? I have some old car audio power wire that I could cut to size and upgrade all wire on my cart to 1/0awg. Does strand count or thickness matter or is it just the overall gauge?
jayhrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 04:06 PM   #13
cgtech

Yamaha

High strand count is generally just a sign of good quality in general. It will be more flexible to route around all the places its gotta go. And its insulation has to be good quality, able to withstand a corrosive environment & repeated flexing.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:49 PM   #14
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

thanks again for the response, I appreciate the info
jayhrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:26 AM   #15
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Welding cable of high quality is what I have found to be the best. Just my opinion though.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:13 PM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croqezgo View Post
Welding cable of high quality is what I have found to be the best. Just my opinion though.
Agreed, that's what I use too.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:45 PM   #17
bama006
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2017 Drive2 DC 48V. Got it a few a months ago. Spent about $120 on the speed upgrade and it was well worth it. Tops out at 23 mph now with 205x65x10 tires. It usually hits tops speed at 40-50 yards on flat surface. But going uphill it's not more than 14-16 mph. I'm sure I'll upgrade the controller and motor at some point but this was a quick and cheap fix for now.
bama006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:11 AM   #18
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama006 View Post
I have a 2017 Drive2 DC 48V. Got it a few a months ago. Spent about $120 on the speed upgrade and it was well worth it. Tops out at 23 mph now with 205x65x10 tires. It usually hits tops speed at 40-50 yards on flat surface. But going uphill it's not more than 14-16 mph. I'm sure I'll upgrade the controller and motor at some point but this was a quick and cheap fix for now.
The speed code is a good, cheaper option, as long as expectations are in line with reality. Glad it was good for you (for now anyway).
Old 08-04-2020, 07:09 AM   #19
brundog17
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hey guys, just ordered the Alltrax 400 and heavy duty solenoid kit (thanks scottyb!) and had one more question. I’ve heard that the stock brakes may not be good enough for the added speed, any suggestions on if I should upgrade and if so, to disc or just check pads?
brundog17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:12 AM   #20
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I changed out my shoes and they are just fine so far. Was not too hard either.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faster cart, speed code, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha