lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2020, 10:39 PM   #21
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Roypow Lithium Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgolfer View Post
I got an email today saying further delays in shipments maybe until June before they get full stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Craptastic

I’m kinda glad not my batteries were toast in this new cart and I got new Trojans. I’d still wait for that 160 I think. But on the other hand if a 105 was looking me in the eye I might cave.
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2020, 08:31 AM   #22
ryanfoster34
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I haven't tried to purchase yet, but according to the '5 available' it sure seems like you can just pick one up from this guy on ebay..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-Battery....c100005.m1851
ryanfoster34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:03 AM   #23
badandyturbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanfoster34 View Post
I haven't tried to purchase yet, but according to the '5 available' it sure seems like you can just pick one up from this guy on ebay..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-Battery....c100005.m1851
Cool but that's the price of a decent used cart. Ouch.
badandyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:20 AM   #24
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandyturbo View Post
Cool but that's the price of a decent used cart. Ouch.
But, not much more than 8 Trojan 6-volt batteries! RowPow gives more power for lot longer life- not to mention 450lbs lighter. Something I'm REAL interested in. Going to wait (if current batteries will last) until all this Corona Virus stuff gets out of the way and China gets back to work, to see what availablility will be and hopefully pricing will come down a little. If I was a Golf Cart dealer, I would be jumping on this bandwagon!
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:38 PM   #25
Haddixbros
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok. The roypow pack did something odd today. I drove the cart earlier in the week and drought it down to 60% battery. I turned the battery off via the built in swotch until today, where I drove it another mile or so. Halfway into my drive the battery meter went out. It still made noises (as I unplugged and plugged it back in) . But there was no LED indicator. This was annoying as I JUST got the pack. However, I had the idea to plug into my charger. Still nothing. UNTIL the 1st battery bar lit up. This is strabge to me, because the battery meter is acting as if the battery was dead. And it definitely wasnt. I dont know what to make of this, but I certainly dont like it. I'll keep everyone updated

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Haddixbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:04 PM   #26
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixbros View Post
Ok. The roypow pack did something odd today. I drove the cart earlier in the week and drought it down to 60% battery. I turned the battery off via the built in swotch until today, where I drove it another mile or so. Halfway into my drive the battery meter went out. It still made noises (as I unplugged and plugged it back in) . But there was no LED indicator. This was annoying as I JUST got the pack. However, I had the idea to plug into my charger. Still nothing. UNTIL the 1st battery bar lit up. This is strabge to me, because the battery meter is acting as if the battery was dead. And it definitely wasnt. I dont know what to make of this, but I certainly dont like it. I'll keep everyone updated

So you turned the pack off at the main pack switch, and it was 6 bars at that time. You let it sit what, 3 days or so w/out using it and then turned the switch back on today - was it still at 6 bars when you turned the switch back on (before driving that 1 mile)? Do you have a volt meter on your cart - if so, what was the pack voltage before, during or after that 1 mile drive?
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:10 PM   #27
Haddixbros
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
So you turned the pack off at the main pack switch, and it was 6 bars at that time. You let it sit what, 3 days or so w/out using it and then turned the switch back on today - was it still at 6 bars when you turned the switch back on (before driving that 1 mile)? Do you have a volt meter on your cart - if so, what was the pack voltage before, during or after that 1 mile drive?
Yes. When I turned the pack back on, it was at 6 bars. I didnt have a voltmeter on hand, but the cart hadnt lost any power. I was still hitting 35 mph.

Old 02-22-2020, 02:23 PM   #28
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Yes. When I turned the pack back on, it was at 6 bars. I didnt have a voltmeter on hand, but the cart hadnt lost any power. I was still hitting 35 mph.

I'm not sure they have the programming for that meter down exactly right. I've been seeing some drop in mine from sitting (even with the pack power off), and have noticed from the beginning that with aggressive driving the bars can nudge back and forth (not surprising as current draws wildly fluctuate) a little bit, but in more "normal" driving I find mine to be incredibly predictable in terms of miles / bar at a given speed.

That said, I'm still investigating a slow drop in SOC which I'm not certain is the meter only or that the meter is accurately displaying what is left in the battery.

It takes a while to get data on this, as you have to not use the cart for extended periods and I use mine frequently.

My contact at RoyPow indicated to me about a month ago that there were new versions of the meters that would likely be available to swap by March. This when I asked about some inconsistencies I had observed (nothing like what you're describing though).

Have you taken it down to 1 bar (or even no bars - mine was still around 3.15v / cell at no bars) and then charged to 100%? It was vaguely indicated to me that a cycle or 2 of usage might improve the meters' accuracy.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:28 PM   #29
Haddixbros
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
I'm not sure they have the programming for that meter down exactly right. I've been seeing some drop in mine from sitting (even with the pack power off), and have noticed from the beginning that with aggressive driving the bars can nudge back and forth (not surprising as current draws wildly fluctuate) a little bit, but in more "normal" driving I find mine to be incredibly predictable in terms of miles / bar at a given speed.

That said, I'm still investigating a slow drop in SOC which I'm not certain is the meter only or that the meter is accurately displaying what is left in the battery.

It takes a while to get data on this, as you have to not use the cart for extended periods and I use mine frequently.

My contact at RoyPow indicated to me about a month ago that there were new versions of the meters that would likely be available to swap by March. This when I asked about some inconsistencies I had observed (nothing like what you're describing though).

Have you taken it down to 1 bar (or even no bars - mine was still around 3.15v / cell at no bars) and then charged to 100%? It was vaguely indicated to me that a cycle or 2 of usage might improve the meters' accuracy.
6 bars is as low as mine has gone to, as I JUST got the batterry. Im really hoping this is just some fluke and not a total fault in my pack, as without that battery meter, I really have no good was of determining how much charge I have left

Old 02-22-2020, 02:47 PM   #30
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
6 bars is as low as mine has gone to, as I JUST got the batterry. Im really hoping this is just some fluke and not a total fault in my pack, as without that battery meter, I really have no good was of determining how much charge I have left

I really have no idea how the meter is calculating things - I do know the BMS and accompanying circuitry is always active even if you turn "off" the pack, as the SOC meter retains it's "bars" through power cycles of the pack.

So maybe there is something to discharging some and recharging so that the meter can possibly calibrate in some way - I just don't know what is going on there.

Here is a cut / paste of what they told me on the subject of any sort of calibration:

"SOC would be re-calibration when you fully use up the power and then charge battery continuously from 0% to 100%. Hope above info. can make you clear."

Tags
ezgo, lithium, roypow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium