lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2020, 07:40 AM   #21
Phazor
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2017 Club Car Gas High Speed Gear install with PICS!!

Followed this thread and ordered gears a while ago. Finally got my gears installed this weekend. Cart was doing 30MPH with factory big tires, zip tie mod and throttle cable adjustment. Gears added 9mph and barely any noticeable torque reduction. Cart runs at 30MPH at about 3300 RPM versus requiring 4000 RPM before.

It's jerky at take off though, always has been even before gears were upgraded. And I can't go much slower than about 14MPH. I'd like to go slower at start if possible without sacrificing top end. Anyone have a solution for that? I tried removing the zip tie and max speed with new gears dropped to 31 as max RPM dropped a lot. Jerkiness didn't go away and slow didn't improve.

I'm very happy with the new gears, I highly recommend them.
Phazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #22
boosted230
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazor View Post
Followed this thread and ordered gears a while ago. Finally got my gears installed this weekend. Cart was doing 30MPH with factory big tires, zip tie mod and throttle cable adjustment. Gears added 9mph and barely any noticeable torque reduction. Cart runs at 30MPH at about 3300 RPM versus requiring 4000 RPM before.

It's jerky at take off though, always has been even before gears were upgraded. And I can't go much slower than about 14MPH. I'd like to go slower at start if possible without sacrificing top end. Anyone have a solution for that? I tried removing the zip tie and max speed with new gears dropped to 31 as max RPM dropped a lot. Jerkiness didn't go away and slow didn't improve.

I'm very happy with the new gears, I highly recommend them.
Get a HD rear clutch spring. And gboost severe duty belt. It helped mine a bunch with the jerky takeoff and it will allow your clutch to backshift so you’ll be able to go slower than 14mph. With high speed gears and bigger tires you may still have a little bit of jerking from a dead stop but those two things will help a ton!!
boosted230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:33 AM   #23
Phazor
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted230 View Post
Get a HD rear clutch spring. And gboost severe duty belt. It helped mine a bunch with the jerky takeoff and it will allow your clutch to backshift so you’ll be able to go slower than 14mph. With high speed gears and bigger tires you may still have a little bit of jerking from a dead stop but those two things will help a ton!!
Thank you, I'll try these
Old 10-29-2020, 07:38 AM   #24
Phazor
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted230 View Post
Can you please post links to the parts to ensure I get the right ones?
Old 12-28-2020, 01:32 PM   #25
strubby
Not Yet Wild

Hopefully you've already ordered the parts you need - if not shoot GBoost an email with your specific setup. They were very responsive for me, and suggested the CKSDCC6 (4-6 seater OS tires). Since I already had the Severe Duty belt, I haven't bought the kit yet. My cart does this same 'chugging' at lower RPM's. Might try the driven spring only.

Does anyone have the HS gears, GBoost clutch calibration kit and oversized tires? I have 25" Terrabites and curious if low end would still be decent with this combo. With the standard gears and SD belt only, it does pretty well.
strubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 04:55 PM   #26
99hawk409
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I like the special tool next to the hammer in the 3rd picture. :) Has a scope and everything! I'm in the middle of installing some 8 to 1 speed gears myself! Didn't realize that the governor cable bracket was still connected to the rear and kind of ruined the cable. Need to order a new one. Other than that it's been pretty straight forward.
99hawk409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car